marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marriage

I have a birth certificate which indicates the parents are married but I cannot find a marriage for them! Can anyone if you have time look to see if you can find one. The child was born in 1946 in Dublin Ireland. I suspect this might be because Dad was in the British Army. Their home address is given as Birmingham and I have found the wife living there on the ER before the birth. But cannot find a marriage between them. Their names are Robert Harte and Doris Stevens, have I missed them or did they not get married.
    GWEN

They married in Abassiyeh, Egypt, 1932. Robert C Hart to Doris E. Stevens. Ref ARM2 page 195 line 94
    F
    From FMP
    Last edited by fran; 01-04-20, 15:31. Reason: adding

Comment

I saw that one but did not think it was the right one as it works out the child they had was born 14 years later in 1946 and they then went on to have him adopted so was unsure and a bit puzzled.
      GWEN

Comment

Just because she was a married woman when the child was born in 1946, doesn't mean her husband was the father. Subsequent adoption makes it even more unlikely.

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Gwen@coggiecorner View Post
          I saw that one but did not think it was the right one as it works out the child they had was born 14 years later in 1946 and they then went on to have him adopted so was unsure and a bit puzzled.
          Don't discount this out of hand. My parents also married in 1932 but I wasn't born until 1945. Admittedly my older sibling was born in 1936.
          Cath.

Comment

Thank you for your comments I will look and see if I can find further information on Robert and Doris to see if it worth sending for their certifcate
            GWEN

Comment

Working...
            X