Nicolas Lehalle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicolas Lehalle

Please could someone who has world Ancestry do a look up for me. Nicolas Lehalle married Anna Clara Wirtz and they are recorded in Germany, selected marriages.

There is also a death registration for Nicolas Lehalle in Monchengladbach. Any help with either of these would be greatly appreciated.

I don't have world ancestry, have you tried your library on line? I noticed that mine are offering it at home until April 2020...although sadly ours has a broken link in Bedfordshire, Bromley is apparently working.
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Thank you for the reply but unfortunately I don't live in England and my small library didn't have Ancestry last time I asked!

Comment

was worth a shot - BTW It is a worldwide thing a quick google returned a library in Canada with free home access.
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Checked again, my library do basic Ancestry which I have but not worldwide sadly, ah well

Comment

My German is non-existent, so going from what I can read plus the brief transcription, the death/certificate is 24 Apr 1882 and seems to be for Franziska Margaretha Krauss, wife of Johann Anton Krauss & daughter of Nicolas Lehalle & Clara Wirtz.

The Select Marriages only bring up transcriptions, which appear to relate to children - possibly baptisms - but it really isn’t clear and there are no dates. The data is said to originate from Familysearch.

Name: Nicolas Lehalle
            Spouse: Anna Clara Wirtz
            Child: Franz Joseph Lehalle

Spouse: Anna Clara Wirtz
            Child: Martin Joseph Hubert Lehalle

Spouse: Clara Wirtz
            Child: Martin Joseph Lehalle

Spouse: Maria Clara Wirtz
            Child: Francisca Margaretha Lehalle

Comment

Thank you teasie that's fantastic. Franziska is my 3x GGrandmother, I've been trying to find out where she was born for a long time now....one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Frazzled View Post
                Thank you teasie that's fantastic. Franziska is my 3x GGrandmother, I've been trying to find out where she was born for a long time now....one day.
                Hi Caroline,
                These are the details of her marriage:
                Name: Francisca Margaretha Lehalle
                Marriage Date:7 Mai 1835 (7 May 1835)
                Marriage Place: Civil, Juelich, Rheinland, Prussia
                Father :Nicolas Lehalle
                Mother: Maria Clara Wirtz
                Spouse:Johann Anton Hubert Krauss
                FHL Film Number:920866Reference ID:2:26VG1S7

Christine
                Researching:
                HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

And these are the details of her death. I'll send you a copy of the image - the writing is quite tricky to decipher. I haven't managed to find a birth/bap record for her unfortunately. There are baptism records for some of her children though. Let me know if there's anyone else you want to follow up.

Name: Franziska Margaretha Krauss
                  [Franziska Margaretha Lohalle]
                  Birth Date:abt 1814
                  Death Date:22 Apr 1882
                  Death Place:Mönchengladbach Nordrhein-Westfalen (North Rhine-Westphalia) Deutschland (Germany)
                  Civil Registration Office:Mönchengladbach-Mitte
                  Father:Nicolaus Lehalle
                  Mother :Clara Wirtz
                  Spouse:Johann Anton Krauss
                  certificate Number:393

Christine
                  Researching:
                  HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Thank you for the information Christine and for sending me the image, as you say the writing is a challenge!! I have the baptisms for Johann and Francisca's children thanks and I've managed to find the birth years for Francisca and her siblings through marriage records on familysearch and now this death cert. Sadly I don't know where they were born or where Nicolas and Anna were married. There is a story in the family that they came from Alsace Lorraine but so far I can't prove it.

Comment

Have you thought about having these records translated? They often do say where people come from.

Comment

The death reg for Franzisca Margaretha does say she was born in Juelich.
                        Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Thank you Kylejustin and ozgirl for your help, by trying to resurrect my schoolgirl German and using google I had managed to workout that Franzisca was born in Juelich. Plus with help from Christine I found the death reg of Johann Anton Krauss, Franzisca's husband. He was also born in Juelich which is a great find but still no link with Alsace Lorraine!!

Comment

The link could be generations back from what you have.

Comment

True. Fransisca was born 1814 and her eldest brother was born 1803 so their father Nicolas Lehalle was born somewhere around 1775 maybe. There are a few Lehalle members listed on familysearch born in Fleury-Douaumont, Meuse, Lorraine, France but no records for Nicolas. Will have to keep searching in Germany and France!

Comment

You should bear in mind that not much is online for germany, and the french records generally are via the departement archives websites, but unindexed and are you will need to know where he is from. But father's names at least for german records and both parents names for french records are covered by marriages in this time frame.

Comment

Yes it's slow work finding French and German relatives and I know you have more experience than me on that front. I have another German line the Kleins who married into the Krauss family. My 2x GGrandfather came to England in 1871 and I only know he came from Lohmar when his naturalization papers became available but that is another story!

Comment

Working...
                                  X