Help please, with finding a newspaper article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please, with finding a newspaper article

I want to write another piece for my blog which revolves around a rather unfortunate event at the start of the 1900s. I did the original research in the 1980s and went to the Newspaper Library in Colindale to find the newspaper article about the event. At the time the only option was to request a print out of the page, which I did. Now that I want to write it up in the digital age I was hoping to get hold of a digital image. The only one that I have is a scan of the original photocopy and the quality is not very good.

I tried looking in FMP but couldn't find it. Does this mean that it doesn't exist in digital format ? Or just that I'm not looking in the right place?

If anyone can help, the article I am looking for is in the Westminster and Pimlico News, dated 5 Aug 1904. It concerns the death of Louisa Emily Caesar.
    Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

if you go to the BNA website, you can see all the editions and that one isn't listed.
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

You ca search by individual newspaper, unfortunately the one you want is not yet on FMP. There's a Westminster Gazette but nothing for this death.

Comment

They only have the Westminster Gazette. I did look to see if I could find it in another London paper but no joy I'm afraid.
        Edit: Snap Jill.
        Last edited by Katarzyna; 26-03-20, 19:42.
        Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Thanks for looking, ladies. I'll have to settle for the photocopy that I have for now then. No more excuses to procrastinate with writing this one - better get on with it.
          Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

Originally posted by Gardengirl View Post
            Thanks for looking, ladies. I'll have to settle for the photocopy that I have for now then. No more excuses to procrastinate with writing this one - better get on with it.
            could be worth a search using some of the key words in the article and it maybe else where and poorly digitally transcribed, so name not recognised.
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
            Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Agree with Carolyn, a lot of articles were repeated in newspapers all across the Country, something in London could easily be repeated in numerous other counties, the BNA isn't the easiest to carry out searches, but if you try some keywords, like Carolyn suggests you might be lucky. Good Luck
              My Family History Blog Site:

https://chiddicksfamilytree.com

Comment

Working...
              X