No announcement yet.

WW Ancestry now free at home until 30 June 2020 - via library log on everywhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They have replied and said can't get it working - how rubbish is that looks the same set up as other libraries so not sure why. I have suggested that they talk to another library and find out how they did it!

I don't know how easy it is to join another library on line, but I belong to 3 separate areas, but all of them joined in person.
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Thanks for trying Carolyn, hopefully they will talk to another library & get it sorted.
      Paul

Comment

Hi, eventually got online with a library card but now it says I need a username and password to access Ancestry - how do I get these details?
        TIA
        Tessie

Comment

which library are you with, it sounds like they have not set it up right. contact them either via facebook, or via help on website, the ones I have contacted have done it quickly. I am happy to post on their FB page for you.
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Hi cbcarolyn it's Oxfordshire! Ah OK, I assume it should work when you just click through to Ancestry from the family history reseach page? As you know what you are doing then yes please for you to post on FB! Thanks

Comment

done it let's see if they sort it - days are running out now :( unless it is extended again
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Comment

Originally posted by tessie31082 View Post
                Hi cbcarolyn it's Oxfordshire! Ah OK, I assume it should work when you just click through to Ancestry from the family history reseach page? As you know what you are doing then yes please for you to post on FB! Thanks
                They have replied with
                Hi Carolyn. Can you email us please; askalibrarian@oxfordshire.gov.uk so that we can update you?

I think you need to email as you can log in
                Carolyn
                Family Tree site

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

i see that this has been extended until the end of June.
                    Carolyn
                    Family Tree site

Comment

I see that Ancestry has been extended to the end of July now. not sure about FMP as I don;t have this service at my library. and also The national archives TNA is still free.
                      Carolyn
                      Family Tree site

Comment

Working...
                      X