Reuben Wadey, missing after 1851

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reuben Wadey, missing after 1851

Reuben Wadey, was bapt at Nuthurst, Sussex son of James Wadey, broom maker (d1835) and OH's ancestor Caroline.

!841: in Upper East Street, Horsham with mother Caroline and stepfather George Jenner
    1851: at Great Buckswood Farm, Isfield, Sussex as an Ag lab

Thereafter, he is missing, I have tried searching with just forename, just birthplace & year, looked at newspaper archives, checked passenger lists (though I no longer access to Ancestry's overseas records). I am a member of Sussex Family History Group and other than his baptism there are no records of him there. No BMDs other than his birth.

Any other places I should be looking?

Like you I have checked out all sorts of combinations within Sussex and cannot see him anywhere. Have you checked him out as a Jenner?
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Yes, thanks for looking, though Ancestry is playing up for me at the moment, so I'm looking again on Find My Past, Shd have mentioned his bapt was 1832.

Comment

Hi Jill,

Does he not appear anytime with his mum after 1851? Could he have died?
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
          Hi Jill,

Does he not appear anytime with his mum after 1851? Could he have died?
          No, he's not with his mother, she'd been deserted by her 2nd husband in 1851 was a "Pauper, mangler, deserted by her husband" with her daughter from her first marriage & 2 from the second marriage, he wasn't with her at all after that.

No death reg, no burial for Reuben. His Jenner stepfather also vanished between 1841 & 1851.

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn
            there is a death of a Reuben Jenner in 1853
            JENNER, REUBEN 34
            GRO Reference: 1853 D Quarter in UCKFIELD Volume 02B Page 54
            Thanks Carolyn, the age would be 21 if it was my Reuben, I'll check burials in the Uckfield district.

Comment

sorry as soon as posted I realised, although I guess age could be wrong on death record. Think Uckfield not really right area either.
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
              Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                sorry as soon as posted I realised, although I guess age could be wrong on death record. Think Uckfield not really right area either.
                It may be him with an error on the age, I've just looked at the Sussex Family History Group's members only database, but whichever the church was is not included. I had someone from Crawley once end up dead at the other end of the county so always open to unexpected appearances!

Comment

I'm not having much luck at all sorry. There is a Reuben Wade that dies in Nottingham in 1894, but I can't see him at all in any census except 1891 in Nottingham. he's a Shoemaker.

Name: Reuben Wade
                  Estimated birth year: abt 1828
                  Registration Year: 1894
                  Registration Quarter: Jan-Feb-Mar
                  Age at Death: 66
                  Registration district: Nottingham
                  Inferred County: Nottinghamshire
                  Volume: 7b
                  Page: 187
                  Julie

Comment

I think that the death you have found Carolyn is very promising.. Jill it might be whoever registered the death might have guessed his age... considering we can't find him anywhere else... sure has to be worth a pdf Jill?

were there any isolation hospitals around/Workhouses? Asylums?

good call Carolyn!
                    Julie

Comment

Have also found a Reuben Jenner in Uckfield too 1841 and 1851 at the same place and stilll with this family 1851

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
                      http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

Good find Solved that one
                        Last edited by cbcarolyn; 24-03-20, 20:48.
                        Carolyn
                        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine View Post
                          Have also found a Reuben Jenner in Uckfield too 1841 and 1851 at the same place and stilll with this family 1851

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.
                          Ah, unfortunately that won't be our Reuben as he is with his mother Caroline in Horsham in 1841 and in Ifield (near Horsham) in 1851, but thankyou for looking.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill on the A272 View Post

Ah, unfortunately that won't be our Reuben as he is with his mother Caroline in Horsham in 1841 and in Ifield (near Horsham) in 1851, but thankyou for looking.
                            do you think then that the death for Reuben Jenner uckfield then is this other Reuben? [and not your Reuben then Jill?]

Julie

Comment

do you think then that the death for Reuben Jenner uckfield then is this other Reuben? [and not your Reuben then Jill?]
                              Must be.
                              Carolyn
                              Family Tree site

Comment

Yes I think it likely as the Uckfield death tallies with the older Reuben in the Uckfield census.

Comment

awwww sugar! back to the drawing board then....
                                  Julie

Comment

I can't find a baptism for Reuben Wade in Nottingham [just checked my disc]
                                    Julie

Comment

I can see that there is an R Wady in on ship docking at Ellis Island 1851, b 1832, for some reason Ancestry was being generous to me when I hovered over the record. I don'y have WW ancestry. I think that is what it said, It won't show me now!
                                      Carolyn
                                      Family Tree site

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                                        I can see that there is an R Wady in on ship docking at Ellis Island 1851, b 1832, for some reason Ancestry was being generous to me when I hovered over the record. I don'y have WW ancestry. I think that is what it said, It won't show me now!
                                        if you can post the url Carolyn I can see what it says
                                        Julie

Comment

Working...
                                        X