will ordering..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will ordering..

Am I right in thinking that someone said that wills were at a special price at the moment? and if so where would I find it please?

thank you.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
    Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

ahh thank you Antony
      Julie

Comment

I did not realise the price was so low at the moment.
        It looks like I have some ordering to do
        I wish BMD certificates were though

Researching:
        FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorFranklin View Post
          I did not realise the price was so low at the moment.
          It looks like I have some ordering to do
          I wish BMD certificates were though
          oh yes Trevor I wish BMD's were too!! though £7 for a pdf is better than £12 ish for a cert.
          Julie

Comment

I have ordered quite a few wills and think the old maiden aunt ones are best. She leaves a few pounds to all her nieces and nephews so confirms all the marriages you were not sure of for the nieces.
            Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

I had a brilliant one once, Emmeline Beck, a private school matron who died in Newquay in 1972, she had married the widowed headmaster who was much older than her. Her will had 7 codicils and 47 bequests! I had to do an Excel spreadsheet to work it all out then go through and work out if anyone was a relation.

Comment

I have had a couple with quite a few relations. They are now coming reasonably quickly too.

Anyone know if there will be a price rise in April?
                Carolyn
                Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

I'm just trying to think of any other wills I can order while the price is so good atm.
                  Julie

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                    I have had a couple with quite a few relations. They are now coming reasonably quickly too.

Anyone know if there will be a price rise in April?
                    Dunno, I can't remember who told me about them being so reasonable atm either!
                    Julie

Comment

Haven't they been one pound fifty for awhile. Or is the price even better. I've been buying wills like crazy and they come quite quickly. The maiden aunt wills are the best. Then there was the one from the rich aunt that went on for ever with 3 codicils listing every shawl and article of clothing going to all her friends and relations. hand written in that really hard to read script where c looks like r etc. Still have some wills in waiting. I've been updating all the family lines to write a little story, tidy up all the paperwork, stick in a binder, and call quits to the whole hobby. All the research will be in hard copy not in a computer that becomes obsolete by the time someone in the next generation shows interest. So anyone with a will gets ordered. Get tricked a few times with ordering an administration which is a waste.. Now with covid i feel i better hurry up ..... Being old makes me a sitting duck.
                      Donelda

searching for the Berkshire Hobbises, Rowles, Staniford, Rogers, Parkers, Thackhams, Gouts, LeBouviers, Heaphys and Wilsons

Comment

I think they originally said it was for one year and they would then decide what to do about the price. Haven't looked this up but it has just occurred to me that they might be closed now because of the virus. Wills are essential to us but no-one else.
                        Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

I think my dates are 7th & 8th April... guess we'll see.
                          Julie

Comment

Working...
                          X