Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the old format, there was a space where you could identify your avatar and it showed under the box with your post.

So I was able to say that mine was my parents at my brother's wedding in 1952.

Is that no longer possible??
    My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylvia C View Post
      In the old format, there was a space where you could identify your avatar and it showed under the box with your post.

Ahh I think you mean your 'signature' ? it can be found within your settings

top right where your username is>>>> drop down to 'user settings' >>> then across to 'Account' then scroll down to 'edit signature' see image below.

once you have edited it then save and go back to the main forum.

hope this helps
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Originally posted by Sylvia C View Post

Sorry misread what you meant!!

your 'signature' doesn't seem to show immediately when you have posted something, though when you refresh the page your signature will show.... it's one of the quirks of the new version
        Julie

Comment

I've just changed mine back to me. Taken just over a year ago on my step-son's wedding day
          Barbara

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post

Ahh I think you mean your 'signature' ? it can be found within your settings

top right where your username is>>>> drop down to 'user settings' >>> then across to 'Account' then scroll down to 'edit signature' see image below.

once you have edited it then save and go back to the main forum.

hope this helps

Thank you!

I'll try that!
            My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

It worked!!!!

Thank you.

I won't try to change the photo just yet though

Comment

I don’t think my Avatar needs much explaining.........
                "Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering."

My Family History Blog Site:

https://chiddicksfamilytree.com

Comment

Originally posted by Paulc View Post
                  "Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering."
                  Baby Yoda this weekend we're planning to watch.
                  Caroline
                  Caroline's Family History Pages
                  Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

actually I really don't know much about it, apart from the odd advert. Star wars, I do remember going to pictures and seeing it in my younger days, something to sleep through for me...can't find the embarassed smiley
                    Carolyn
                    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

It’s a must see film I’m shocked

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post

actually I really don't know much about it, apart from the odd advert. Star wars, I do remember going to pictures and seeing it in my younger days, something to sleep through for me...can't find the embarassed smiley
                        What!!! I am very proud of the fact that I was one of the very first to see the original film with its yoghurt pots as it premiered in Brussels. My brother had bragging rights in the office as he was staying with is at the time.

I love all the films, the music, the Ewoks, Harrison Ford (of course).
                        Caroline
                        Caroline's Family History Pages
                        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

...sorry.... Perhaps I am the only one then, always someone though!

I do like Harrison Ford though if that helps.
                          Carolyn
                          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                          Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

No, there's me as well. Marcus Brigstock used to have a radio programme called "I've never seen Starwars" when he found out what minor celebs had never seen/done and set them the task of doing it then reporting back in front of an audience. I'm leading us well of topic.

Anyone else got an avatar they'd like to explain?

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline View Post

What!!! I am very proud of the fact that I was one of the very first to see the original film with its yoghurt pots as it premiered in Brussels. My brother had bragging rights in the office as he was staying with is at the time.

I love all the films, the music, the Ewoks, Harrison Ford (of course).

We've been told many times since about 2006 (in Australia) that OH looks like Harrison Ford

sigh!

Comment

yea, but I really miss Joker......why so serious?

Harrison Ford is just yum! but then again so is Cillian Murphy!..
                                Julie

Comment

My two avatars on any forum are always either the Joker or Yoda

Comment

I do like Harrison Ford though if that helps.
                                    I can't be doing with Star Wars either! Nor Dr Who. The rest of my family like them but I just do something else if they watch!
                                    Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post

I can't be doing with Star Wars either! Nor Dr Who. The rest of my family like them but I just do something else if they watch!
                                      Anne
                                      Same here Anne. I do like the real world - not into sci-fi at all! I confess to seeing the 1st of Star Wars, thereafter OH took the boys!
                                      Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

You will sometimes see figaro posting - this is an account used for testing things out as a member as sometimes settings will be different.

Figaro was one of the cats who I had when I first started working on the forum. She was already getting on a bit then.

The avatar is of her - her sister's name was Cleo. The kittens were unexpectedly born in the corner of my living room and my then very small daughter was a fan of Pinocchio.

Both cats came to England with us and died about a year later when they were almost 19.

Comment

Working...
                                        X