Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
    1881 census for Mary Ann and James Cooper
    living with Russell Family 5, Brunswick Square, Shoreditch, London & Middlesex, England

Charles Russell Head Married Male 47 1834 Upholsterer Westminster, Middlesex, England
    Jane Russell Wife Married Female 45 1836 - Shoreditch, Middlesex, England
    7 other family members PLUS
    James Cooper Nephew Single Male 7 1874 - Shoreditch, Middlesex, England
    Mary Ann Cooper Niece Single Female 9 1872 - Mile End New Town, Middlesex, England

https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...try&h=14982449
    good find,
    Last edited by cbcarolyn; 14-03-20, 22:26.
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

I think Thomas Cooper Senior married Emma Dellow
      1882 Jan-Feb-Mar
      Volume: 1b Page: 532
      Registration district: Hackney

Emma was born Hackney

His first wife Mary Ann Cooper possibly.
      Death:
      COOPER, MARY ANN age 36
      GRO Reference: 1881 M Quarter in SHOREDITCH Volume 01C Page 121
      Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

I have looked at that marriage a few times, it says he is a carman, which he could have changed to and father William, I have his father as Henry, I think from Tessies tree.

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/interacti...0aAurDEALw_wcB
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

I have no idea why I didn't notice this before, father and son living next door, do you think Emma is mother and daughter? not so sure about the whitechapel bit

Last edited by cbcarolyn; 15-03-20, 11:15.
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Comment

The 1911 census shows Thomas (Senior) and Emma (Dellow) as married 1886 which would not be correct. Should be 1882 . Will check for other marriage or maybe they never married??? Grandaughter Florence Emily Cooper is with them too.
            https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...30&usePUB=true

Florence Emily Cooper baptism
            https://www.ancestry.co.uk/family-tr...80042845/facts
            Kat

Comment

In 1911 Florence was working in the Xylonite Factory Walthamstow. Interesting article here
              Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
                In 1911 Florence was working in the Xylonite Factory Walthamstow. Interesting article here
                that is really interesting.

I worked in Waltham Forest Council, and it gave me the first look at the past. I used to have to get the Deeds of the properties that we owned when they were being transferred on. Had some lovely documents about some of the schools that were first set up, all about the trustees etc.

Carolyn
                Family Tree site

Comment

Sorry ladies, net been down!!! I will go through this tomorrow when I have some time A quick whizz through seems to suggest I have a wrong marriage and Mother somewhere so I'll go back to that and start there! Thanks so much

Comment

Working...
                  X