Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vera2013 View Post

CarolynJulie

I have often wondered about baptism address for Briggeda 06.03.68. Bap 6 months after birth. Can you read it?

Vera
    no not really....
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks Carolyn. Looking at it now, it may be Virginia Place

Vera
      it looks like Virginia Villa to me.. the V's look the same to me.
      Julie

Comment

That is a very interesting scenario to explain your Ann and very sad. Lots of clues to find out more but bang in the middle of census years unfortunately. Could it be her I wonder.

​​​​​​Vera
        I'm not sure, I did wonder if it was her but why would she say she was born in Ireland?
        Julie

Comment

There is a death on GRO for a female Larkin who was registered in the Strand area

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/c...xes_search.asp

cant do it the way you do it

There is also the birth of Ann Larkin on Ancestry 1845 Strand but no mmn and cant find a record at all on GRO

https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...=successSource

and what could possibly be a baptism on FMP for Moorfields Roman Catholic Chapel

Ann Larkins born 21 Apr 1845 bap 25 May 1845 father Patrick Larkins mother Margaret Larkins ?mmn cant read the Latin Larkins
          Sponsors Thomas McKeon and Margaret Nolan

https://search.findmypast.co.uk/reco...2FPH3%2F039774

Vera
          um, so do you think that this is the mother and baby at the Wheatsheaf pub? [but the mothers name should be Ann?]

I'm not making much headway with Patrick and Bridget.. I have them in two census but after that nothing.

1851: https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...25&usePUB=true

1871: https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...25&usePUB=true
          Julie

Comment

• Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post

um, so do you think that this is the mother and baby at the Wheatsheaf pub? [but the mothers name should be Ann?]

I'm not making much headway with Patrick and Bridget.. I have them in two census but after that nothing.

1851: https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...25&usePUB=true

1871: https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...25&usePUB=true
            Hello Julie. Hope things are easier for you. Have you tried those cushions for relieving pressure?

I think the Ann Larkin b 1845 June q Strand and Margaret Larkin d June q Strand age 35 relate to the people from the Wheatsheaf pub. Can't be sure about bap at Moorfields RC Church

However probably not yours as a tree has an Ann Larkin b 1845 m a William Jeremiah Page in 1862 which fits in better with the area of the Ann Larkin b 1845 at the pub. Her father too was a Patrick, Commercial Traveller.

Still think your Ann belongs to the North Kensington Irish who if I remember lived in very poor conditions, having settled there from another part of London.

I wonder if you were to get the Pension record/s, if Ann were to be even recorded in them, they would give any info. They should reveal info on the children ie Katie but doubt that would lead you to your Ann but you never know.

Vera

Comment

Hello Julie. Hope things are easier for you. Have you tried those cushions for relieving pressure?

I think the Ann Larkin b 1845 June q Strand and Margaret Larkin d June q Strand age 35 relate to the people from the Wheatsheaf pub. Can't be sure about bap at Moorfields RC Church

However probably not yours as a tree has an Ann Larkin b 1845 m a William Jeremiah Page in 1862 which fits in better with the area of the Ann Larkin b 1845 at the pub. Her father too was a Patrick, Commercial Traveller.

Still think your Ann belongs to the North Kensington Irish who if I remember lived in very poor conditions, having settled there from another part of London.

I wonder if you were to get the Pension record/s, if Ann were to be even recorded in them, they would give any info. They should reveal info on the children ie Katie but doubt that would lead you to your Ann but you never know.

Vera
              Hi Vera,

Yes I do have a cushion, not that it is helping much

I haven't any clue whatsoever how to get the pension records, didn't even know they existed!

without a baptism for Kate I suspect I'm not going to find much more really.
              Julie

Comment

• Only had it once and not severe. Hope it goes soon.

Will rev up the laptop and post some NA Pension links.

Vera

Comment

• Some links for Army Pensions possibly for William and Ann as a Widow

https://discovery.nationalarchives.g...ils/r/C2316055

https://discovery.nationalarchives.g...ils/r/C2316057

https://discovery.nationalarchives.g...ils/r/C1355123

Vera

Comment

• A visit to Kew one day then Julie.

How are the volumes arranged? Alphabetical, or do you have to go through the entire volume till you find him?
                    Carolyn
                    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

• thanks Vera though I have no idea exactly what it is I'm looking at I have tried to request a copy but it's not taking me to the right page I don't think so maybe they aren't doing copies now?
                      Julie

Comment

• it says the records have not been digitised
                        Carolyn
                        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

• Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                          A visit to Kew one day then Julie.

How are the volumes arranged? Alphabetical, or do you have to go through the entire volume till you find him?
                          no way I can get there so it'll never happen.
                          Julie

Comment

• Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                            it says the records have not been digitised
                            no but you can request a copy to be sent to you it says.. but clicking on request a copy goes to a page about CV19 and the steps they have put in place.
                            Julie

Comment

• I think to see something, not sure how much, you need a Reader's ticket. Otherwise you have to get a quote for a N.A. Researcher to access the record.
                              EDIT
                              There doesn't appear any guidance on how much and how you can get info sent. They have just repeated the guidance for paying a visit. Possibly an error.

Comment

• Service not being offered at the moment

https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/...earch-service/https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/...earch-service/

You may have to be signed in to see this. Hefty fees but they will give you a quote before you commit

Vera

Comment

Service not being offered at the moment

https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/...earch-service/https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/...earch-service/

You may have to be signed in to see this. Hefty fees but they will give you a quote before you commit

Vera
                                  ahh so it wasn't me then?

I guess it all depends if/when I can see if anyone would be good enough to look if they are going.. or possibly wait until the service is back up and running. Not quite sure if anyone that does look would be abe to get copies whilst there? I know it's all a bit moot atm anyway.

thanks Vera.
                                  Julie

Comment

• No, not you Julie.

I think Annswabey visits.

I have a little exercise going looking at FMP census using addresses we know in Nth Ken. Found one James and Ann Larkin, Camden Hill but no little Ann with them.

Vera

Comment

No, not you Julie.

I think Annswabey visits.

I have a little exercise going looking at FMP census using addresses we know in Nth Ken. Found one James and Ann Larkin, Camden Hill but no little Ann with them.

Vera
                                      ooh I'll have to wait and see... Oh that is interesting James & Ann... did you ever find out much about Virginia Vila/place on baptism record? [at least i think it looks more like Villa than Place]

just out of interest did you have a year for James/Ann in Camden hill?
                                      Julie

Comment

• Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post

ooh I'll have to wait and see... Oh that is interesting James & Ann... did you ever find out much about Virginia Vila/place on baptism record? [at least i think it looks more like Villa than Place]

just out of interest did you have a year for James/Ann in Camden hill?
                                        I looked again and still thought it was Virginia Place. Carolyn did find a Virginia Place in Nth Ken. Only got to the C's on FMP. Looking out for those addresses we know and any I have picked up on reading about Irish people living in terrible conditions in Market Court, Jennings Buildings and Gardeners buildings. That's if the enumerater even ventured in because of the terrible conditions.

1851 Census
                                        8 Camden Place Kensington Place

James Larkin b 1798 Ireland Bricklayer's Labourer
                                        Ann Larkin b 1804 Ireland

Piece No 1468
                                        Folio 628
                                        Page 6

FMP Schedule 24

Vera

Comment

I looked again and still thought it was Virginia Place. Carolyn did find a Virginia Place in Nth Ken. Only got to the C's on FMP. Looking out for those addresses we know and any I have picked up on reading about Irish people living in terrible conditions in Market Court, Jennings Buildings and Gardeners buildings. That's if the enumerater even ventured in because of the terrible conditions.

1851 Census
                                          8 Camden Place Kensington Place

James Larkin b 1798 Ireland Bricklayer's Labourer
                                          Ann Larkin b 1804 Ireland

Piece No 1468
                                          Folio 628
                                          Page 6

FMP Schedule 24

Vera
                                          ooooo I'll have a look see if I can find it on Ancestry. Thank you.
                                          Julie

Comment

Working...
                                          X