Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post

guess anything is possible

it does seem a coincidence that the parents names match, when there are no others in the area, like she is theirs. born in December reg in January, can squeeze her in before the next child, can see Adaline birth is 3 Sept on baptism, very tight dates.

I can't see any likely deaths for Flora before 1871, assuming she would be on census and found by now?

hmm maybe worth the investment on the BC?
    That's what I was thinking, though if a bapt could be found that could swing it either way? FD could be a registration from the previous year and therefore Ann could have been pregnant over new year? Though I'm not really going to be satisfied until I have seen that cert.

eta: ordered pdf.
    Last edited by Darksecretz; 10-08-20, 10:31. Reason: added a bit
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

• be interesting to see what it says, I feel it must be something for you
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

be interesting to see what it says, I feel it must be something for you
        it just seems odd that there isn't a birth reg for Katie that we have found and then there is this one that can't be found!.. I'm not holding out much hope but at least I wouldn't be sat there wondering what if!
        Julie

Comment

• Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post

it just seems odd that there isn't a birth reg for Katie that we have found and then there is this one that can't be found!.. I'm not holding out much hope but at least I wouldn't be sat there wondering what if!
          nope not mine, her parents were William & Jane. But it is interesting that the mother Jane was in Kensington at the same time as Ann & William.
          Julie

Comment

nope not mine, her parents were William & Jane. But it is interesting that the mother Jane was in Kensington at the same time as Ann & William.
            Oh what a shame, wonder why we never found her again. Guess William occupation is different to yours.
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Oh what a shame, wonder why we never found her again. Guess William occupation is different to yours.
              yes, he was a cheesemonger, I did find them in 1871 I think it was, though it looks like the wife died. It did make me wonder though if I should track this lot/or create another mini tree. The mothers fathers name was William Henry!
              Julie

Comment

yes, he was a cheesemonger, I did find them in 1871 I think it was, though it looks like the wife died. It did make me wonder though if I should track this lot/or create another mini tree. The mothers fathers name was William Henry!
                and now the law of sod I can't find them again!!
                Julie

Comment

and now the law of sod I can't find them again!!
                  I saw that cheeseburger William when looking for Flora Drusilla. He was a widower lodging in Kensington with Flora. I did look some more because I recalled seeing a bap for another child of a William, Cheesemonger in Westminster baps.Worth checking out a bit more if only to see what Jane Larkins may reveal, also Ellen Larkins the sponsor for Brigedda.

I noted that the Westminster w/house opened another w/house on the site of the Kensington Marloes Road w/house in 1853. The Westminster w/house also had an infirmary with a lying in ward. I have had a quick look a the Westminster Guardians records and note that some books can start with 'Lunatic' records then records of the clothes of the dead to baps.

It could be however that William and Ann scooped Katie up and had her christened in a local church, perhaps St Stephen where they married.

Just some thoughts. This query takes me down memory lane as I worked, lived and married in W2, W9 and W10. All 100 years after Katie's birth

EDIT

With Alfred Palmer, 24, Dairyman, B Dagenham, Essex

William Brown Boarder W, 50, Cheesemonger b City of London
                  Flora Brown, 3 b City of London

Living Mall, Kensington

Vera

​​​​​

Comment

• thank you Vera I have been looking at them too William/flora.

I can't however find a marriage anywhere for William to Jane Larkins. The b/c gives father as William Atwood Brown Cheesemonger living at Gregory Place Kensington.

I am just going to have a look for a death. I have made a start on an ancestry tree as well just to see who what and where it'll lead me.
                    Julie

Comment

• There is Wm Brown Cheesemonger b Clerkenwell living Pickering Place 1861,1871 but he is solidly with wife Mary b Suffolk through to 1911. Could he possibly also be the Boarder in Kensington Mall with Flora. Couldn't find any marriage for Wm Brown and Jane Larkin/ s

Vera

Comment

• Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
                        There is Wm Brown Cheesemonger b Clerkenwell living Pickering Place 1861,1871 but he is solidly with wife Mary b Suffolk through to 1911. Could he possibly also be the Boarder in Kensington Mall with Flora. Couldn't find any marriage for Wm Brown and Jane Larkin/ s

Vera
                        You are doing much better at this than I am, I have been looking for hours and found nothing!...Pickering place.. that is interesting Vera, That is one of the places that my William & Ann give on their marriage cert. I did wonder if he was already married and that was why I couldn't see the marriage.
                        Julie

Comment

• Interesting thoughts, didn't think that maybe there could still be a connection.

Post 188 made me smile when Vera said William was a Cheeseburger - was that auto correct - or where you watching Mcdonalds Ad!
                          Carolyn
                          Family Tree site

Comment

Interesting thoughts, didn't think that maybe there could still be a connection.

Post 188 made me smile when Vera said William was a Cheeseburger - was that auto correct - or where you watching Mcdonalds Ad!
                            Ha ha. I missed that. Probably that awful setting that changes things of maybe I was hungry.

Vera

Comment

thank you Vera I have been looking at them too William/flora.

I can't however find a marriage anywhere for William to Jane Larkins. The b/c gives father as William Atwood Brown Cheesemonger living at Gregory Place Kensington.

I am just going to have a look for a death. I have made a start on an ancestry tree as well just to see who what and where it'll lead me.
                              Do you have your Larkins tree done, or is that another mystery too?
                              Last edited by cbcarolyn; 13-08-20, 20:51.
                              Carolyn
                              Family Tree site

Comment

Do you have your Larkins tree done, or is that another mystery too?
                                er no.. I tried [badly] to put in flora/william/Jane.. and then I found Williams parents [I think] and that is it... but I'm really not seeing much at all that I could possibly link to him/them. I'm not getting much in the way of results for Jane either. I have no idea how old she was or who her parents were, nothing.

it doesn't help that I can't find Ann {larkins} in 1861 either. My eyes are really sore too.
                                Julie

Comment

You are doing much better at this than I am, I have been looking for hours and found nothing!...Pickering place.. that is interesting Vera, That is one of the places that my William & Ann give on their marriage cert. I did wonder if he was already married and that was why I couldn't see the marriage.
                                  you can search in FMP using occupation, sadly not with ancestry apart from later census.
                                  Carolyn
                                  Family Tree site

Comment

what was the address on cert?
                                    Carolyn
                                    Family Tree site

Comment

what was the address on cert?
                                      2, Gregory Place, [It's at the back of Kensington Palace] I googled it.
                                      Julie

Comment

• Checked the 1861 census just in case, but they are not there, it is on here, found it on FMP

Ecclesiastical district St Mary Abbotts
                                        Registration district Kensington
                                        Enumeration district 25
                                        Archive reference RG09
                                        Piece number 18
                                        Folio 78
                                        Page 83

No Browns or cheesemongers.

He is quite old for a 3 year old child and feel he should have a previous life of some kind. There is a William Brown seaman around - but someone has him in their tree as ending up in Aus, and think he is the one that is in North East.

Several William Brown cheesemongers in the trade directories, including the one in the census that Vera has highlighted. Might have a look on map later and see if any are near Kensington.
                                        Carolyn
                                        Family Tree site

Comment

Checked the 1861 census just in case, but they are not there, it is on here, found it on FMP

Ecclesiastical district St Mary Abbotts
                                          Registration district Kensington
                                          Enumeration district 25
                                          Archive reference RG09
                                          Piece number 18
                                          Folio 78
                                          Page 83

No Browns or cheesemongers.

He is quite old for a 3 year old child and feel he should have a previous life of some kind. There is a William Brown seaman around - but someone has him in their tree as ending up in Aus, and think he is the one that is in North East.

Several William Brown cheesemongers in the trade directories, including the one in the census that Vera has highlighted. Might have a look on map later and see if any are near Kensington.
                                          Thank you Carolyn,

I'm not quite sure what to believe if I'm honest. I'm trying to have a look to see where I can look next.
                                          Julie

Comment

Working...
                                          X