No announcement yet.

Age problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wondered if you were able to check the burials Julie as I know you have more Notts stuff than I do

William died 1945,
    Attached Files
    Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
    http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

• Looking at the deaths in Notts, think William Frederick is born 26 April 1900 which helps 1939 and he is with Alice in Kirkby

Guessing at Sidney Frank's death...Q2 2 Notts with this spelling born c 1902
      Elaine

Comment

• Still not ever so sure about William Frederick as there is a posible marriage 1923.

Have attempted to find 1891 but it's a bit hard!
        Elaine

Comment

• Looked at births and this is just a big guess, but there is a William Harrison MMN Osborne Q1 1876 Nottm

and cross checking births have 1881 with a Hannah Harrison who might have died 1922, am thinking back to the electoral roll

Nottingham 1881

Sheffield 1891

Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!

Hannah Osborne married William Harrison St. Paul, Nottingham 1 Mar 1874

Going through to 1911, it looks eventually like Brinsley is where Hannah was born
          Elaine

Comment

• what happened to Hannah - I guess she could have been another relative.

Not sure where he was before marriage, I see a couple of possibles, one with grandparents

Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
            Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

• Hannah must be William Frederick wife? in 1930 women got the vote and she appears in that reg of elector?
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

• Originally posted by Elaine View Post
                Looked at births and this is just a big guess, but there is a William Harrison MMN Osborne Q1 1876 Nottm

and cross checking births have 1881 with a Hannah Harrison who might have died 1922, am thinking back to the electoral roll

Nottingham 1881

https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...try&h=17723905

Sheffield 1891

https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...=try&h=4277186

Hannah Osborne married William Harrison St. Paul, Nottingham 1 Mar 1874

Going through to 1911, it looks eventually like Brinsley is where Hannah was born
                I think you have lost me here! Sorry :( she first appeared in reg in 1929, and then in 1930 and 1931.

I can't find a marriage though
                Last edited by cbcarolyn; 25-05-20, 23:22.
                Carolyn
                Family Tree site

Comment

• Tried to find a connection with the info we have

A Hannah Osbourn marries a William Harrison 1874 Nottm and wondered if she might be the mother of the William Harrison (Sandy Lane)...cousin on Elizabeth Brackner's death certificate. Elizabeth Brown who eventually married Brackner, her mother was Mary Osborn, which is the only connection I can find looking at William Harrison births c1876 on the GRO

Need to check that year a Hannah Harrison was on the electoral roll
                  Elaine

Comment

• There is a death for a Hannah Harrison Q3 1942 and hoping Julie has some Notts records that might help, I'm used to Leicester cemeteries!

The dates are a bit off and Hannah Osborn/Harrison is more near in age to Elizabeth Brown/Brackner but can't see anything else
                    Elaine

Comment

• Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                      So now the big question is how is he a cousin.....just off out to pick up DH.

On​On a​a seperate note​ I added a couple of newspapers clips for the farm, nothing that refers to family, but thought it might help timeline things.
                      that's fab thank you. Apparently there was some controversy about the farm, as she couldn't read or write she had a 'friend' look over some details or other and it appeared that he said sign here, she did and he diddled her out of the farm!.. though not quite sure how??
                      Julie
                      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

• Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post

that's fab thank you. Apparently there was some controversy about the farm, as she couldn't read or write she had a 'friend' look over some details or other and it appeared that he said sign here, she did and he diddled her out of the farm!.. though not quite sure how??
                        I can have a better look around these dates, so after death of her husband? is that the one with the will? there was no asset on there or am I on wrong person
                        Carolyn
                        Family Tree site

Comment

Tried to find a connection with the info we have

A Hannah Osbourn marries a William Harrison 1874 Nottm and wondered if she might be the mother of the William Harrison (Sandy Lane)...cousin on Elizabeth Brackner's death certificate. Elizabeth Brown who eventually married Brackner, her mother was Mary Osborn, which is the only connection I can find looking at William Harrison births c1876 on the GRO

Need to check that year a Hannah Harrison was on the electoral roll
                          I was just about to say that Elizabeths mother Mary Ann was Osborn before she married William Brown Sr. [and Mary Ann Osborn is another mystery! her name is all that I know!]

I really do appreciate the time that you have both taken to try and help me resolve this..
                          Julie

Comment

I can have a better look around these dates, so after death of her husband? is that the one with the will? there was no asset on there or am I on wrong person
                            That's the problem, on the will of Thomas Brackner he was already living @ fishpool when he died, yet we were always led to believe that he died at the farm and she couldn't keep/work it on her own...

Maybe neither of them could read? might that be more to the truth?

so 1891 they were at the farm I can't remember offhand if they were @farm in 1901 but he dies 1903@fishpool. So they may be the dates to look at.

Were there anything in the paper about Elizabeth or Thomas dying at all?

Julie

Comment

• Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post

That's the problem, on the will of Thomas Brackner he was already living @ fishpool when he died, yet we were always led to believe that he died at the farm and she couldn't keep/work it on her own...

Maybe neither of them could read? might that be more to the truth?

so 1891 they were at the farm I can't remember offhand if they were @farm in 1901 but he dies 1903@fishpool. So they may be the dates to look at.

Were there anything in the paper about Elizabeth or Thomas dying at all?
                              will return to looking later.
                              Carolyn
                              Family Tree site

Comment

There is a death for a Hannah Harrison Q3 1942 and hoping Julie has some Notts records that might help, I'm used to Leicester cemeteries!

The dates are a bit off and Hannah Osborn/Harrison is more near in age to Elizabeth Brown/Brackner but can't see anything else
                                I'm just having a look at my discs. I have found the marriage to William Harrison 1874 St Pauls Nottingham [though I have no idea where this is!]
                                Julie

Comment

will return to looking later.
                                  thank you. I'm about to do some sewing... and I need to cut the grass...
                                  Julie

Comment

• I've not kept up with this thread but St Pauls Church Nottingham was on George Street, running from Parliament St to Hockley. Google said it opened 1822 closed 1924.
                                    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

• Originally posted by Lin Fisher View Post
                                      I've not kept up with this thread but St Pauls Church Nottingham was on George Street, running from Parliament St to Hockley. Google said it opened 1822 closed 1924.
                                      Fab thanks Lin Fisher
                                      Julie

Comment

• has the connection of the cousin been solved?
                                        Carolyn
                                        Family Tree site

Comment

has the connection of the cousin been solved?
                                          Not sure but it maybe that Hannah Harrison was Osbourn was Mary Anns niece but it's a lot of what ifs... I need to have a look through this topic and see if I can find something to connect the osbourns..

Like I said upthread, I know that Mary Ann Osborn was born and she alleges on her marriage cert that she came from Radford, but on other census, it can be Sutton or Hoveringham or Kirkby.. she never is consistent with her POB.. so I don't know who her parents were or if she had other siblings.
                                          Julie

Comment

Working...
                                          X