No announcement yet.

Age problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

documents on fold3 are not same - but do not tell you much - fold3 is free atm
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
      On the 1939 Kate Skelton gives dob 03/11/1866. Could have been a late Reg

There is an Emily Kate reg 1868 Westminster.
      ​​​​​​ On FMP mmm Brown Westminster St Margaret. Think that area is where Grenadier Guards had their barracks. Possibly could stretch it into Bayswater

Vera
      I just don't know what to think really Vera. She might not have been born anywhere near a barracks, I was just thinking to myself that maybe she was. If she was Elizabeths daughter then Elizabeth wasn't married at the time of her birth. [she'd have been about 19yrs old at that time]

I'm not sure that I'll ever know for sure.
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
        documents on fold3 are not same - but do not tell you much - fold3 is free atm
        oh right.. I'll see if I can find the link then
        Julie

Comment

I posted the link somewhere up the thread
          Last edited by cbcarolyn; 22-05-20, 10:19.
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post

oh right.. I'll see if I can find the link then
            sorted thank you, now have the images.
            Julie

Comment

I just don't know what to think really Vera. She might not have been born anywhere near a barracks, I was just thinking to myself that maybe she was. If she was Elizabeths daughter then Elizabeth wasn't married at the time of her birth. [she'd have been about 19yrs old at that time]

I'm not sure that I'll ever know for sure.
              Julie Do you have any more info from the bc of the Katie Brown b 1866 mmn Brown (Ann). That Katie's dob would fit with the Kate, b London on various census who married Richard Skelton who is possibly also the Kate Brown a Servant in 1881 census b 1867 in Bayswater.

The workhouse records if available on Ancestry may at least eliminate her.

Lots of ifs and buts

Vera

Comment

I hope that this is OK - slight tangent, but I wanted to read through other threads on the family looks as though they have been really tricky ! so have put links here:
                https://www.familytreeforum.com/foru...houghts-please
                https://www.familytreeforum.com/foru...-william-brown
                https://www.familytreeforum.com/foru...parish-records
                https://www.familytreeforum.com/foru...elp-needed-pls
                https://www.familytreeforum.com/foru...e-was-she-born

thinking maybe a link in London with William and his sister Elizabeth missed
                Carolyn
                Family Tree site

Comment

I am sure this is not saying Brown - but I thought I would post this just in case it is yours!

Screenshot 2020-05-22 at 21.47.40.png
                  Screenshot 2020-05-22 at 21.47.58.png

the transcription says Quin, but I didn't think it looked like that either.

any latin experts on baptisms?
                  Last edited by cbcarolyn; 22-05-20, 21:51.
                  Carolyn
                  Family Tree site

Comment

ignore that the larkins is the father surname! doh!
                    Carolyn
                    Family Tree site

Comment

ignore that the larkins is the father surname! doh!
                      actually I am confused by this, the margin says quin? or maybe even brown, so maybe I am reading the father wrong
                      Carolyn
                      Family Tree site

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post

Julie Do you have any more info from the bc of the Katie Brown b 1866 mmn Brown (Ann). That Katie's dob would fit with the Kate, b London on various census who married Richard Skelton who is possibly also the Kate Brown a Servant in 1881 census b 1867 in Bayswater.

The workhouse records if available on Ancestry may at least eliminate her.

Lots of ifs and buts

Vera
                        that is the pdf Vera.

This is the issue, I don't want to order the marriage cert for Kate Brown to Richard Skelton if she is the same Katie that is doesn't have a father if that makes sense.. as the witness' don't necessarily have to be family members. IF this is the same Kate then why doesn't she stay close to her family? I'm just not that confident in thinking that I'd achieve much by getting the cert.
                        Last edited by Darksecretz; 23-05-20, 10:30.
                        Julie

Comment

actually I am confused by this, the margin says quin? or maybe even brown, so maybe I am reading the father wrong
                          I thought it said that Henrici & Elena and her MN is Larkins, but also the godfather is a Larkins. I too cannot make out quite what the surname should be though I did think it said Finn
                          Julie

Comment

ahh godfather, doh - I even asked DH and he does latin! I don't think yours, but sometimes these things are useful, and can never find again when looking.

started looking at newspapers to see if there are any family 'gatherings' to tie some people together, but having little success.

Am I right in thinking that Elizabeth Brown died Huckner?

I am adding to the google folder as I find things
                            Carolyn
                            Family Tree site

Comment

ahh godfather, doh - I even asked DH and he does latin! I don't think yours, but sometimes these things are useful, and can never find again when looking.

started looking at newspapers to see if there are any family 'gatherings' to tie some people together, but having little success.

Am I right in thinking that Elizabeth Brown died Hucknall?

I am adding to the google folder as I find things
                              Elizabeth [Brown] Brackner died in Hucknall yes, but was removed to be buried in Kirkby in Ashfield if I remember rightly.

I've added pdf of her death to drive but not sure how I can get it to be at the top and not in the middle sorry!.. I have NO IDEA who the 'cousin' is either!..
                              Julie

Comment

I've added pdf of her death to drive but not sure how I can get it to be at the top and not in the middle sorry!.. I have NO IDEA who the 'cousin' is either!..
                                Ooh maybe more info needed on him, can't be a first cousin surely not if you have right Elizabeth - do you think term is used loosely?

Carolyn
                                Family Tree site

Comment

Ooh maybe more info needed on him, can't be a first cousin surely not if you have right Elizabeth - do you think term is used loosely?
                                  I have no idea!.. the name doesn't ring ANY bells, I'm pretty sure that I found the entry too in the burial register for her burial and it stated that the body was removed from Hucknall to Kingsway Cemetery.

I had another thread about this as well. Chrissie was helping with it to determine which Elizabeth Brackner it was.. and the other Brackner family that was in Hucknall. I'll see if i can find the thread.

https://www.familytreeforum.com/foru...n-t-i-find-her

that one should be the right one.
                                  Last edited by Darksecretz; 23-05-20, 12:34.
                                  Julie

Comment

I din't find anymore in the papers I am afraid, guess there maybe more. Marriage cert sounds like the last remaining option, you never know it might have a surprise.

When did sister Ellen die? and where can search papers for that.
                                    Carolyn
                                    Family Tree site

Comment

I din't find anymore in the papers I am afraid, guess there maybe more. Marriage cert sounds like the last remaining option, you never know it might have a surprise.

When did sister Ellen die? and where can search papers for that.
                                      erm... i'll have a look.
                                      Julie

Comment

Not sure is the answer, her 2nd husband dies in 1903 and I haven't got her in 1911 I'm looking now to see if I can spot her, I seem to recall that I thought she died in 1909. Her name was Ellen Mellors and she was born around 1832.

as to where she would have died, presumably West End, in Sutton in Ashfield, as that is where John died [have his will and he leaves everything to Ellen]
                                        Last edited by Darksecretz; 24-05-20, 09:23.
                                        Julie

Comment

• Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                                          Not sure is the answer, her 2nd husband dies in 1903 and I haven't got her in 1911 I'm looking now to see if I can spot her, I seem to recall that I thought she died in 1909. Her name was Ellen Mellors and she was born around 1832.

as to where she would have died, presumably West End, in Sutton in Ashfield, as that is where John died [have his will and he leaves everything to Ellen, no mention of leaving anything else to anyone]
                                          I have just found the probable death of ellen 1909.

Name Ellen Mellors
                                          Estimated Birth Year 1837
                                          Registration Year 1909
                                          Registration Quarter Oct-Nov-Dec
                                          Age at Death 72
                                          Registration district Mansfield
                                          Inferred County
                                          Nottinghamshire
                                          Volume 7b Page 58

couldn't find a will or anything else for her. I haven't got cert/pdf.

Julie

Comment

Working...
                                          X