No announcement yet.

Age problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which cert did you order, think I got lost!
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
      Which cert did you order, think I got lost!
      it was the 1866 one Carolyn, Katie Brown. no MMN. Kensington.

Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post

well, a month later............... and...................... it's not right.. says Mother is Ann Brown and was born in the workhouse. [no father given]

so I'm now going to order the 1867 one.. and if that isn't right then I give up!...
        How do you know it isn't your Kate, do you def know her mothers name? I apologise if I have got lost.
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

How do you know it isn't your Kate, do you def know her mothers name? I apologise if I have got lost.
          Her mother should be Elizabeth.. I wouldn't worry about it Carolyn, I get lost too and it's my tree!
          Julie

Comment

this 1871 is correct:
            https://www.ancestry.co.uk/interacti...-0466/4858848

did you establish the 1881?
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Comment

this 1871 is correct:
              https://www.ancestry.co.uk/interacti...-0466/4858848

did you establish the 1881?
              yes that is correct in 1871.

1881 is a bit more difficult as she doesn't appear with her mother/grandmother. There are two Kate Browns b. London in 1881 that could be her both in service if I remember rightly. [in Nottingham]

we then have a Kate marrying in 1887 to Richard Skelton, who gives her POB as London.. so still no nearer now.
              Julie

Comment

Well i'm back at square one!.. The other birth PDF has just arrived. and it's not her. I'm not sure now exactly where to go. latest states Kate born in Fulham to Emma Brown [no fathers name given] 12th Feb 1867 greyhound cottages, Fulham. so that is a no go then.

&^%$(*£$$

proper fed up now with this line

I need to wash my rather grubby hands now. Been gardening.
                Julie

Comment

can you summarise which are the wrong ones, I will have another look later, something might pop up!
                  Carolyn
                  Family Tree site

Comment

can you summarise which are the wrong ones, I will have another look later, something might pop up!
                    erm, let me have a look, brb
                    Julie

Comment

I can find TWO Kate/Katie Browns being born in Kensington dist 1866 [Katie] and 1867 Kate.. both MMN -

BROWN, KATIE -
                      GRO Reference: 1866 D Quarter in KENSINGTON Volume 01A Page 99 mother Ann born in workhouse.

BROWN, KATE -
                      GRO Reference: 1867 M Quarter in KENSINGTON Volume 01A Page 192 mother Emma born Greyhound cottages Fulham.

trouble is London can be such a blooming big place!..

just at a loss now.. IF the birth was registered then she would have been born illegitimately so it'd be MMN - so it could be any in 1866/1867 rats!
                      Julie

Comment

Mother is Elizabeth Brown as per 1871 census, and her mother is Mary Ann Walters, so you know she was remarried, and Elizabeth born Brown?. Or am I reading wrong?

Are there any clues in Mary Ann?

sorry I am probably asking same info.
                        Carolyn
                        Family Tree site

Comment

cancel all that I have found your tree on ancestry
                          Carolyn
                          Family Tree site

Comment

I can see that you have a brother William Brown married (31 Oct 1865) to Ann Larkins, their children you have Adaline 1868 and William 1870

I have found 2 matching GRO records - but I started thinking maybe she is their child? she doesn't have to be Elizabeths? I notice that the 1911 census you have for her says that she has not had any children.

BROWN, ADALINE LARKINS
                            GRO Reference: 1868 S Quarter in KENSINGTON Volume 01A Page 138

BROWN, WILLIAM HENRY LARKINS
                            GRO Reference: 1870 D Quarter in SAINT GEORGE HANOVER SQUARE Volume 01A Page 384

unfortunately I couldn't find her though.
                            Carolyn
                            Family Tree site

Comment

I just don't know is the answer. Not that that helps!
                              Elizabeth was born Elizabeth Brown in 1847 she married her first husband in 1852 (going from memory) and her second husband so technically she didn't have any children from that marriage.

I don't think that William/Ann were the parents of Kate either. Who knows? Not me for sure.
                              Julie

Comment

Just parking these here so I don't lose them!

BROWN, KATE ALICE -
                                GRO Reference: 1868 J Quarter in LAMBETH Volume 01D Page 296

BROWN, KATE ELIZABETH -
                                GRO Reference: 1865 J Quarter in NOTTINGHAM Volume 07B Page 210

BROWN, KATE -
                                GRO Reference: 1866 J Quarter in CLERKENWELL Volume 01B Page 575

BROWN, KATE -
                                GRO Reference: 1867 M Quarter in KENSINGTON Volume 01A Page 192

BROWN, KATIE -
                                GRO Reference: 1866 D Quarter in KENSINGTON Volume 01A Page 99

BROWN, CATHERINE -
                                GRO Reference: 1867 M Quarter in BASFORD Volume 07B Page 122

BROWN, CATHERINE mmn BROWN
                                GRO Reference: 1867 D Quarter in BETHNAL GREEN Volume 01C Page 330

The red ones are those that I have ordered... still working my way down the list in between looking for my flipping sandals!. this heat is a killer in walking shoes!
                                Last edited by Darksecretz; 20-05-20, 12:16.
                                Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                                  I just don't know is the answer. Not that that helps!
                                  Elizabeth was born Elizabeth Brown in 1847 she married her first husband in 1852 (going from memory) and her second husband so technically she didn't have any children from that marriage.

I don't think that William/Ann were the parents of Kate either. Who knows? Not me for sure.
                                  interesting that they were all in Kensington at same time.
                                  Carolyn
                                  Family Tree site

Comment

interesting that they were all in Kensington at same time.
                                    William was a grenadier guard and was based in around London before he was retired through ill health.
                                    Julie

Comment

his sister also though if Kate was registered there.
                                      Carolyn
                                      Family Tree site

Comment

his sister also though if Kate was registered there.
                                        erm, you've lost me.. I blame the sun.
                                        Julie

Comment

If Kate was registered in Kensington, her mother Elizabeth was also there, and Elizabeths brother and his wife Ann. Which is why I suddenly thought maybe she isn't Elizabeths as you have no record of Elizabeth being in Kensington? apart from Kates birth? Or am I also getting in a muddle.
                                          Carolyn
                                          Family Tree site

Comment

Working...
                                          X