Age problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post

fat lot of good THAT did.. sighs..... not in there anyway. I am sure it was in a brown envelope but it must have been at least A4 in size as the actual scans are A3 and massive... I found the ones for William Shelton [my other Gt grandads brother] I distinctly remember finding them IN the cabinet the last time I was in there. I get so cross with myself too...
    I know how you feel, I spent ages looking for something at weekend, gave up and then it was there right under my nose!
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Just an update. Checked out the hotspot for the Irish community in Marylebone. Poor enumerator. He noted in the census form a message to Registrar that he should be aware of the difficulties of one person assigned to the area as the forms had not been completed - were they ever? - and that not only did he not have a table to use, there wasn't even a chair. It took him 2 weeks to complete and even then he missed those at the back. And I didn't find one Larkin in the area.

Still looking at the NA. Lots of possibilities for William but you would need to take your bed to wade through them if you visit. Not come across any 1860 attestations for the 59th.

Vera

Comment

Working...
      X