Age problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post

The PDF link doesn't work for me, sorry. I have also been looking at how much it'd be for copies etc.. and they want an arm and a leg!
    I will email you the download, it isn't very exciting, sadly.
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

• Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post

Darksecretz it is such a shame that more are not available on line especially as it is free atm. Have you made any progress with the mini trees of Larkins?
      Nope, not really, I kind of got sidetracked again by the military stuff, did you notice on the top of Williams record on #392?
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

• I have put download here - it is massive! I think that will work.

Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Nope, not really, I kind of got sidetracked again by the military stuff, did you notice on the top of Williams record on #392?
          word in top left? - what does it say? I have no clue.

It does say married with leave too - wonder why they need to say that.
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Comment

Looks like Protestant to me

Vera

Comment

• if you can't get to big document I have added a clip of his entry to google https://photos.app.goo.gl/WaDJjHbD2GJ6uJBz6
              WO116 william Brown.jpg
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Comment

vera2013 have ever visited the NA?

Darksecretz it is such a shame that more are not available on line especially as it is free atm. Have you made any progress with the mini trees of Larkins?
                I haven't been to NA

Vera

Comment

• Originally posted by vera2013 View Post

Looks like Protestant to me

Vera
                  ahh yes - as soon as I looked head said prostitute, then when I looked closely it made no sense, should have kept that first thought from a glance.
                  Carolyn
                  Family Tree site

Comment

I have put download here - it is massive! I think that will work.

have requested access.. never done that before.

Vera, I thought it said Protestant too....

Carolyn would that indicate that this time he did have permission to marry?
                    Julie

Comment

ahh yes - as soon as I looked head said prostitute, then when I looked closely it made no sense, should have kept that first thought from a glance.
                      Julie

Comment

have requested access.. never done that before.

Vera, I thought it said Protestant too....

Carolyn would that indicate that this time he did have permission to marry?
                        it def sounds like it was worth a mention - like you say that they approved!

Oh - didn't know I need to do more - have 'shared' now, not done before either
                        Last edited by cbcarolyn; 30-08-20, 12:02.
                        Carolyn
                        Family Tree site

Comment

it def sounds like it was worth a mention - like you say that they approved!

Oh - didn't know I need to do more - have 'shared' now, not done before either
                          Brill thanks, though like you say not anything new, just confirming what we already knew.
                          Julie

Comment

• known addresses in London (amended)
                            20 Nov 1860 - William joins army, Grenadier Reg Of Guards service no 1829​​​​​​
                            31 Oct 1865 - St Stephen, Paddington, England both living at 38 Pickering Place (1st marriage)
                            1866 - Kates birth - she says Bayswater on one census
                            1868 Sept - Adalines birth address: 26 Camden Place, Notting Hill.
                            1869 March Adalines Baptism 4 Virginia Place, Notting Hill (Cul-de-sac off Penzance Place which no longer exists)
                            1869 - Windsor Barracks [wm] and Kensington for Ann second marriage The Royal Chapel, [in the Tower of London] [Whitechapel Reg Dist]
                            1870 Sept - William Henrys birth address is Victoria model dwellings, Francis Street, Westminster; Baptism Horseferry Road Westminster (November)

1871 census in Nottingham

If the list of quarters is correct it would mean that William was in Dublin from 4 March 68 to 3 March 69 when he was in Chelsea for 6 months, then Windsor Barracks in Sept (I have not noted month of marriage) - that sort of fits with this time line
                            Carolyn
                            Family Tree site

Comment

known addresses in London (amended)
                              20 Nov 1860 - William joins army, Grenadier Reg Of Guards service no 1829​​​​​​
                              31 Oct 1865 - St Stephen, Paddington, England both living at 38 Pickering Place (1st marriage)
                              1866 - Kates birth - she says Bayswater on one census
                              1868 Sept - Adalines birth address: 26 Camden Place, Notting Hill.
                              1869 March Adalines Baptism 4 Virginia Place, Notting Hill (Cul-de-sac off Penzance Place which no longer exists)
                              1869 - Windsor Barracks [wm] and Kensington for Ann second marriage The Royal Chapel, [in the Tower of London] [Whitechapel Reg Dist]
                              1870 Sept - William Henrys birth address is Victoria model dwellings, Francis Street, Westminster; Baptism Horseferry Road Westminster (November)

1871 census in Nottingham

If the list of quarters is correct it would mean that William was in Dublin from 4 March 68 to 3 March 69 when he was in Chelsea for 6 months, then Windsor Barracks in Sept (I have not noted month of marriage) - that sort of fits with this time line
                              as a side note he was in the 59th foot regt from Nov 1860 to Jan 1864 [I'm sure that I have his other regt number though I can't seem to find it! am sure it's only 3 digits too]
                              Julie

Comment

as a side note he was in the 59th foot regt from Nov 1860 to Jan 1864 [I'm sure that I have his other regt number though I can't seem to find it! am sure it's only 3 digits too]
                                if you know the number I can search on fmp, it might bring something up, I did try 6371 - wasn't sure what that number was on the document.
                                Carolyn
                                Family Tree site

Comment

if you know the number I can search on fmp, it might bring something up, I did try 6371 - wasn't sure what that number was on the document.
                                  I can't bloody find it... been looking for an age too.. I'm sure it was on his attestation paper..
                                  Julie

Comment

I can't bloody find it... been looking for an age too.. I'm sure it was on his attestation paper..
                                    621 keeps popping into my head but I'm not sure it's that either.. I do have a paper copy and I think that is in my filing cabinet, which is a mare to get to atm.
                                    Julie

Comment

• you need to stop looking then you will find it
                                      Carolyn
                                      Family Tree site

Comment

you need to stop looking then you will find it
                                        It isn't on my computer anywhere!.. I have gone through files that are years old and I can't spot it. I can see and have multiple copies of the one where he is said to be unfit [with the coat of arms on dated 2nd Dec 1870] but not the actual one where he signed up in the first place Nov 1860! I'm going to have to go looking in my filing cabinet... which fills me with dread and I know that I'll have to do that otherwise I won't rest!
                                        Julie

Comment

It isn't on my computer anywhere!.. I have gone through files that are years old and I can't spot it. I can see and have multiple copies of the one where he is said to be unfit [with the coat of arms on dated 2nd Dec 1870] but not the actual one where he signed up in the first place Nov 1860! I'm going to have to go looking in my filing cabinet... which fills me with dread and I know that I'll have to do that otherwise I won't rest!
                                          fat lot of good THAT did.. sighs..... not in there anyway. I am sure it was in a brown envelope but it must have been at least A4 in size as the actual scans are A3 and massive... I found the ones for William Shelton [my other Gt grandads brother] I distinctly remember finding them IN the cabinet the last time I was in there. I get so cross with myself too...
                                          Julie

Comment

Working...
                                          X