No announcement yet.

Census help '51 onwards please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are you still looking Glen if so which ones are misssing just to update me as I had to go last night

Laura

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post
      Is the North Lincs site likely to be any use to you? Perhaps you've found and used it already?

Christine

I haven't really used the North Lincs site, the majority of the fanily are from the Grantham area, (Lincs and Leicestershire border).

Some bits and pieces for other lines crop up in the Rutland stray marriages and burials abd throwing them back into the early 1700's it is more Nottingham area.

I think the best thing is to plump for the death certs i found refs for and see if they are those of a married couple and try to find if the children match the ouple. If i can tie them together then at least i will have a few avenues to explore.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
      My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
      My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Originally posted by Laura the Explorer View Post
        are you still looking Glen if so which ones are misssing just to update me as I had to go last night

Laura
        Hi Laura

I'm just trying to put it all together myself :D

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

There is that marriages (1837-1850) database... Lincolnshire Marriage Indexes 1837-1850

I don't know if there's anything relevant there?
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Right, the results are in and i think this is what i have discovered about the '41 household

Benjamin Goulson 40 (possible death ref in Q2 1847, Salford)
            Emma Goulson 15 ( a blank)
            John Goulson 12 (marriage to Maria and a '71 census)
            Joseph Goulson 11 (census through to '91 and marriage)
            Mary Goulson 9 (possible '41 to 1881 matches, unmarried throughout)
            Thomas Goulson 14 (possible death in Q2 1849 Manchester)

Now i think that Benjamin is the father to the above youngsters, mother could well be called Hannah (death Q3 Salford 1837).
            If that is correct then it explains why the family split from '51 onwards.

I really need to tie the Benjamin into my existing Goulson family and get the two death certs for Benjamin and Hannah. It's all a bit up in the air until i can link Benjamin into my existing tree though.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Incidentally, Glen, Unless I read too fast and missed it, you missed out the 1841 book number (5) in the ref info.
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I had a look on the Lancs OPC site, but couldn't see anything useful there, either. Given all the transcriptions they do have, that's a bit disappointing!

Christine

Comment

You are probably right Christine.

Until i get the certs and/or tie in Benjamin i will have to sit on this lot, let's hope they are rellies in waiting, i would hate to have to discard them after everyone has been looking.

Thanks for all the help so far everyone.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post
                    I had a look on the Lancs OPC site, but couldn't see anything useful there, either. Given all the transcriptions they do have, that's a bit disappointing!

Christine

I'm just thinking outloud here, the following baptisms (extracted records on the IGI) link a Goulson family from Lincolnshire to Lancashire, parents are Benjamin Goulson and Amy Roper

1. MARY MATILDA GOULSON
                    Christening: 02 NOV 1803 Cathedral, Manchester, Lancashire, England

2. HENRY GOULSON
                    Christening: 02 NOV 1803 Cathedral, Manchester, Lancashire, England

3. BENJAMIN GOULSON
                    Christening: 26 FEB 1792 Ropsley, Lincoln, England

4. JOSEPH GOULSON
                    Christening: 08 SEP 1793 Ropsley, Lincoln, England

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

That's certainly promising, Glen. Well worth a bit of investigation, I'd say!

Christine

Comment

Woo hoo

Just had it confirmed that these are my Goulson family.

Finally made the link to Lancashire

Now to place everything in the tree properly!!!!

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

excellent Glen ~~~~

Need any more census on john/maria? I thought I saw more than the '71

or do you now have ancestry again?
                          Julie
                          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I have ancestry again Julie.

I just have to piece this little lot together and put them all in order :D I'll have to look over the weekend when i have more time and feel less confused, see what is missing and what i still need etc.

I'll get there in the end.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Brilliant

chuffed for you kiddo!! ;)
                              Julie

Comment

Great news, Glen!

Thanks for sharing the outcome - or, at least, this exciting beginning of a new area of research.

Christine

Comment

Another update for you.

The contact i got in touch with is sending me a 16 page photocopy of all the locations/sources and transcripts of their research over a ten year period.

That should give me something to go at for a while :D:D

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

LOL!!!

better get them spex out then Glen ;)
                                    Julie

Comment

Working...
                                    X