No announcement yet.

Olive Watkins b1907 Garston ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a new member so hello everybody. My grandmother was Jane Elizabeth "Lillie" Watkins who married William Hassall in Garston in 1915, My mothers name was Vera.

Love to exchange more information with any interested parties.

Comment

Originally posted by widnesite View Post
      I am a new member so hello everybody. My grandmother was Jane Elizabeth "Lillie" Watkins who married William Hassall in Garston in 1915, My mothers name was Vera.

Love to exchange more information with any interested parties.
      Hiya and welcome to the forum, Widnesite, I have messaged Allan (Garstonite) for you, he often pops in so he will go to your post on the thread.
      Jacky

Comment

Thanks Tilly I will look forward to hearing from Allan. I am visiting Ludlow on Wednesday to find the address stated and from my research so far. Looking forward to it.

Thanks again.

George- Widnesite

Comment

Enjoy your day out, George. Hopefully Allan will be here soon
          Jacky

Comment

Visited Ludlow looking for information on the birth place of the Watkins, my roots...street names changed, properties demolished and so on. Made contact with local library and tourist information people. Very interesting and useful to just get a feel of the place.

Also went to Garston , Lyon St and Window Lane. Hope to visit again in the next few days.

Comment

Glad you have a bit more info, George............

Come on Allan.......we're waiting

I'll pm him again.
              Jacky

Comment

I appreciate that your post re Olive originated some years ago and having reread it. Your wifes grandmother Olive is the sister of my grandmother Jane Elizabeth "Lizzie" Watkins.

I hope we could touch base and share our knowledge of the Watkins and maybe Hassall families. My grandad William Hassall married Lizzie in Garston in 1915.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers

Comment

OH Dear - aren't I a naughty boy ...lol - sincere apologies for late reply - OK George so you and my wife are obviously related - did you ever live in Garston ? do you live in Widnes now ? it is only 6 miles away .... so you still have a lot of family in Garston - my daughter lives in Chesterton Street more or less opposite the Watkins family home in Lyon Street...there are so many questions you must have - but to be honest you are best talking to Olives son - still alive - Billy - YOUR MUMS COUSIN - he will know more than me - so - ONE BY ONE - ask a question and we will try and get them answered - great to be in touch ...Allan
                  Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
                  oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
                  adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
                  merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
                  coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Billy wants to know - are you the son of George and Vera from Runcorn ???
                    added - are you on Facebook ?
                    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

JACKY - (Tilly Mint )
                      Thanks very much for the contact hun - much appreciated - George's mum was my Mother in Laws cousin - looks like a bevy is coming up ...lol...thanks again love ....Allan

Comment

Originally posted by garstonite View Post
                        JACKY - (Tilly Mint )
                        Thanks very much for the contact hun - much appreciated - George's mum was my Mother in Laws cousin - looks like a bevy is coming up ...lol...thanks again love ....Allan
                        Wow....nice to see you on board with this, Allan and George..........and Billy ha ha!!

Wish I was still in Liverpool because you would have had little me going for that "bevy" with you
                        Jacky

Comment

My Daughter has said she will show George all the family research when he is ready ...xx

Comment

Allan brilliant to hear from you lots and lots to share.. I do live in Widnes, never lived in Garston, My mum and Dad are George and Vera Street, both passed.

I am happy to visit and meet you in Garston or indeed Widnes, You or any relatives would be welcome at my home any time day or night. I have a brother, **** and sister **** both still here.

I will PM you with my mobile number and happy to buy you the pint.

Great to here from you.

Stay Safe.

George Street
                            Last edited by Jill on the A272; 29-06-21, 18:37.

Comment

widnesite Great to see you have made contact, though I have edited your post removing your brother's and sister's names as we have a rule about not mentioning living people.

Comment

OK George
                                As it happens my mate is 70 tomorrow and I am meeting him for a pint in The Mariners at 1pm - believe it or not he still trains a Rugby team so is only having a couple as he has training later on - I will try and see if my daughter can meet up as well and she can bring all her research with her - I am waiting on Billy getting back to me - my eldest son also runs P&R Bites Cafe on the next block - you can go in there with my daughter if you want to look through her research...hopefully Billy can meet up as well - I will ring you around 12 noon today - I am 70 so the same age as you - I cheated and looked on Freebmd ...lol -speak soon - Allan

Comment

Hope the meeting can go ahead.......lots of info to be had there George.

Am made up for you all
                                  Jacky

Comment

Looks like next Wednesday Jacky- AND - would you believe my daughter has a photo of Georges Nan "Lizzie" as a young girl - brilliant ...thanks for all your help love xxxxx

Comment

Have a great reunion!

Comment

Originally posted by garstonite View Post
                                        Looks like next Wednesday Jacky- AND - would you believe my daughter has a photo of Georges Nan "Lillie" as a young girl - brilliant ...thanks for all your help love xxxxx
                                        Let us know how it goes, Allan......I know you will be so pleased to be able to share any info......

George, looks like you are in for a treat there....Enjoy.

Jacky

Comment

WELL we met George and his lovely wife at Lunchtime today at my eldest sons Cafe in Garston - Olive Watkins son Billy was there as well as my son - daughter and me ...I left after 15 minutes as it was a WATKINS blood line family meeting - the exchange of photos was brilliant - my daughter now has a photo of her G Grandmother aged 18 - taken in 1925 - and it is typical ROARING TWENTIES style - and my wife has never seen that photo - so it was a bonus for my wife as well - THANKS JACKY ( Tilly Mint ) without your PM we may never have met ...my daughter is delighted - she has tried for 18 years to find someone - and they only live SIX miles away - how ironic ......xxxxxxx Allan

Comment

Working...
                                          X