Negative to Positive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Negative to Positive

A contact from Genes has sent me some brilliant information from the early 1800s on my Fletcher family, with includes a copy of the page of the register from 1821 of my 3 x gt grandparents marriage.

Unfortunately this is in the negative and i would like to print it out without using all my ink.

Would anyone know how i can change it from a black background with white writing to a white background with black writing please.

Sylvia
    Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham
    Leicestershire:- Gough, Cooper, Underwood, Hearn, Inglehearn
    Staffordshire:- Robotham, Hickinbotham, Hill, Holmes

Hi
    what file type is it ( .JPG or .TIF or ......)

Do you have any programs to adjust photos ?

If not depending on file type I could do it for you

Cliff

Comment

Hi Sylvia

I am going off now. Whatever program you were using to look at it and print will probably have a menu to allow picture adjustment. Look for something that says "invert' or similar. Good luck or someone else mayl help you.

Cliff

Comment

Just watching this as I have the same problem, with birth records.

Comment

If you are using or have access to Photoshop Elements under the menu option Image select Adjustments then select Invert.

Comment

If you don't have Photoshop, you can do the same thing with Microsoft Paint. Choose "Invert Colours" from the Image menu.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post
              If you don't have Photoshop, you can do the same thing with Microsoft Paint. Choose "Invert Colours" from the Image menu.
              Yep thats what I use as well Mary....

Paint is a very under rated tool and everyone has it on windows,...

Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thank you for replying Cliff, i`m on windows xp and have paint. i have found invert on there, but cannot find how to get the Adobe pdf file to paint, as it keeps saying its not a bitmap file.

Sylvia
                Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham

Comment

Oops got sidetracked printing out the ones that were not negative.

Thank you Linda, Mary and Julie for your input.

Sylvia
                  Sylvia

Comment

Hi
                    I don't know if you have come across this little item but I use it a lot and it opens up nearly everythin and its a FREE download
                    IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide

Have you booked your holidays yet ?
                    Why not come to Norfolk we have some great churches for you to photograph

Shake my family tree and watch the nuts fall.

Looking for Druce-Berkshire. Auvache , James, Hughes - London. Turp - Essex. Dipple, - Herefordshire.

Regional Co ordinator Eastern Region

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzie Gert View Post
                      Thank you for replying Cliff, i`m on windows xp and have paint. i have found invert on there, but cannot find how to get the Adobe pdf file to paint, as it keeps saying its not a bitmap file.

Sylvia
                      To get an image from pdf you will have to copy the image and save it as a .jpg. Then you can put it into paint.
                      Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by WendyPusey View Post
                        To get an image from pdf you will have to copy the image and save it as a .jpg. Then you can put it into paint.
                        Sorry to be such a dumbo, but how do i change it to a jpg file, i have it saved in "my pictures" but its still a pdf file.

Thank you to all helping with this.

Libby hope this will help you too.

Sylvia
                        Sylvia

Comment

Open the pdf file and click on the image. At the top there should be an icon with a camera on it. Click on this icon and the image should be saved to the clipboard. Open up Paint and see if you can past the image straight into it.
                          Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Or take a screenshot (Alt + PrtSc) and paste that into Paint - you might have to crop the border.
                            Michael, aged 1/4 of a century

Comment

Thamk you Wendy and Michael,

Wendy.. there is no camera icon at the top

Michael..although i have learnt something new from you, the page i need is bigger than the screen shot.
                              Sylvia

Comment

HI

I have sent you a PM
                                WendyP

Comment

Have PMed you too Wendy
                                  Sylvia

Comment

Working...
                                  X