No announcement yet.

Quick way to delete a tree from FTM 05?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick way to delete a tree from FTM 05?

I stored a friend's tree (quite large) on the same FTM as my own family tree.

His nephew has taken it over now so I want to delete it from my FTM software but leave my tree intact.

Does anyone know if there is there a quick way to do this?

Many thanks.
    Liz

You should have two files on your computer - one is the master file for the tree (file extension .FTW) and the other is for the back up that Family Tree Maker creates automatically (file extension .FBK)

So, presuming you know the name of the file do a search on your computer for:

name of file.FTW
    name of file.FBK

- and just delete these two files.

If you have produced gedcom files at any time you may also see - name of file.GED - which can also be deleted.
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine. Will have a go.

Update: Yippee! Thanks again, Elaine. I will master GEDCOM and its uploading during this winter...
      Last edited by Liz from Lancs; 21-11-08, 14:28.
      Liz

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
        You should have two files on your computer - one is the master file for the tree (file extension .FTW) and the other is for the back up that Family Tree Maker creates automatically (file extension .FBK)

So, presuming you know the name of the file do a search on your computer for:

name of file.FTW
        name of file.FBK

- and just delete these two files.

If you have produced gedcom files at any time you may also see - name of file.GED - which can also be deleted.
        I have just started using Family Tree Maker and had the same question. I couldn't understand why I had 2 files with the above mentioned extensions and they had exactly the same content. So, thank you Liz for asking it and thank you Elaine for answering it. By the way I have a few more queries regarding this program, if anyone can help
        Last edited by ewen; 28-11-19, 21:44.

Comment

This is the best place for FTM queries ewen -
          Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Thank you Chrissie, I had a look and it looks like I have posted already on there asking for advice. I will fire away some more questions there when I gather them.

Thank you again

Comment

Working...
            X