Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry fume!

Ooooh, I'm jumping!

Been looking for Phillip FODEN. Eventually found him mistranscribed as HODEN. I submitted a correction and couldn't believe my eyes when up came a snotty message:

A correction for this name already exists in our database.

I investigated - it was ME (I) who did the correction (lol) back in March this year but - I quote from Ancestry -

This correction is not currently searchable.

WHY NOT??!! Eight months have passed.

OC

oh I havent come across that before Oc.

usually when I submit a correction within a few days I get the usual email, and then it is searchable...

ohherrrr misssis
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

That's bizarre! I've even sometimes found that I thought my correction had crashed, but it wouldn't take it when I tried again because it was already there... but, of course, that doesn't mean it was searchable.

Really annoying for you, OC! :(

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

OC

There're on to you! Foden is but a short step to Hoden and in turn to Holden.
        ~ with love from Little Nell~
        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Yes Nell - I have Foden Holdens, lol. Try saying that after a thimbleful of sherry.

OC

Comment

But have you got Foden Hodens in your tree OC :D
            Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

OC

Give us a thimbleful of sherry and I'll give it a go!!!!
              Reminds me of a summer evening many years ago when a group of mums had a lovely meal in the evening in the courtyard of a local restaurant. We started with a pitcher of spritzer, as a long cooling drink and chatted and ate as the sun went down. By the time we couldn't ask for "another spritzer pitcher please" we decided we'd had enough!
              ~ with love from Little Nell~
              Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

*screams and has paddy*

Now the stupid thing is telling me there are NO HOLDENS in England in 1861!!!!!!

Of COURSE there are, you fools! Thousands of them!

OC

Comment

Please don't get upset. They're all dead anyway, so they'll still be there tomorrow.
                  Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

They certainly are NOT all dead, UJ! Some of the Holdens are still dragging themselves around, aged about 213.

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
                      They certainly are NOT all dead, UJ! Some of the Holdens are still dragging themselves around, aged about 213.

OC
                      :D :D :D ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post

OC
                        *rushes to FTF Date of birth estimator to work out said Holdens were born 1795 :p *
                        Kit

Comment

*quick rummage for bell, book and candle*
                          Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
                          X