Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ethel Marian Pritchard

Hi Everyone
    I bought this little book some years ago (impulse buy) & this is what I have so far.
    This edition was printed in 1887 & I think presented to Mabel Augusta Baldwin in 1888. This name is underneath the name Marian Pritchard September 1907.
    In 1901 Ethel M Pritchard born c 1896 Handsworth Staffs is living with Mabel A Baldwin & parents listed as a niece. I have no idea who her parents were.
    .http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec?h...=&pid=35087790
    In 1911 Ethel Marian Pritchard age 15 is in an Institution in district Uttoxeter,Staffs.
    I am trying to work out what this institution was. Any ideas how to find this out without shelling out any money.

Moggie

Well Ethel M Pritchard is probably the daughter of these two

Louisa Matilda Partridge Apr-May-Jun 1878 West Bromwich Staffordshire
    William Goodman Pritchard Apr-May-Jun 1878 West Bromwich Staffordshire

Louisa M is sister to Jane Baldwin nee Partridge

Here's the family in 1871 http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec?h...c=&pid=2414783

The address for Ethel Marian in 1911 is The Crofts Boarding School for girls. Here's the existing school http://www.abbotsbromley.staffs.sch..../senior-school

Margaret

Comment

Here's Ethel's family in 1901 http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec?h...=&pid=35087561

Margaret

Comment

and in 1911

PRITCHARD, Louisa Matilda Head Widow F 55 1856 Staffordshire Handsworth
        PRITCHARD, William George Son Single M 31 1880 Draughtsman Engineers Staffordshire Handsworth
        PRITCHARD, Frank Herbert Son Single M 29 1882 Bank Clerk Staffordshire Handsworth
        PRITCHARD, Harold John Son Single M 25 1886 Bank Clerk Staffordshire Handsworth
        PRITCHARD, Arthur Stanley Son Single M 20 1891 Diesinker Jewellers Staffordshire Handsworth

Looks like they were a wealthy family so the school was no doubt paid for by her brothers!

Comment

Father's death

William G Pritchard
          Estimated Birth Year: abt 1855
          Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1904
          Age at Death: 49
          Registration district: West Bromwich Inferred County: Staffordshire
          Volume: 6b Page: 508

Comment

Hi Margaret
            You have been busy while I have been away. Thank you very much.The earliest possible marriage for her was in 1932 in Wolverhampton to a William H Hughes. 2 later ones in Staffordshire in 1941 & 1959 but of course it just says Ethel M & not the full second name so it could be any or none of them.
            Moggie

Comment

Yes, I had a quick look and found the same as you. I've checked for trees on ancestry but nothing coming up. I'll have a look on GR next.
              Margaret

Comment

No nothing on GR so a bit stumped now. I suppose we could look for the brothers lines.
                Margaret

Comment

I'm not having much luck with the brothers. Nobody on GR has them listed. It's so difficult when you've only got an initial instead of the full middle name.
                  Moggie

Comment

Yes, and in that area it's not an uncommon name.

Margaret

Comment

I've found the death of the mother Louisa Matilda in 1932 & Frank Herbert was her executor, but still struggling to find him after this.
                      Moggie

Comment

Working...
                      X