I blame ebay for this one too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I blame ebay for this one too

Some may know that one of my great uncles married a daughter of Amy Beechey (Amy lost five of her eight sons in WWI). Another daughter married a chap by the surname of Mucklow who came from a small Lincolnshire village. An indenture popped up on ebay with just an hour or two left, the name of Mucklow and the village were all over it so I popped in a bid. I didn't know quite who it related to, to cut a long story short I managed to fathom it out the day the document arrived. I'm in touch with an elderly grandaughter of Amy Beechey, it was her mother who saved all the letters from the trenches and army hospitals the boys sent home. The grand daughter gave them to the archives and there's been a book written with many of the letters transcribed. I'm trying to do my bit to add more paperwork to the Beechey bloodline. MUCKLOW INDENTURE rotated.jpg
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

that was a good find
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Working...
    X