Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my brickwall

hi all i am stuck on my tree on the willmores from leicestershire
    i have a marriage of john willmore 10 april st peters 1711 to mary burton at mountsorrel i have mary born 6 april 1684
    i am totaly stuck on john willmore can any one offer any help at all on his family

i would be so gratefull thanks dave

Dave - where does your information come from? Have you seen the actual parish register? And are you sure about how the later generations conect through to you?
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

hi john i have the records off biths marriage and deaths from 1604 to 1910 at mountsorrel which i purchased
      ive traced it down from joseph willmore born 1818 lecister and married 1842 co durham i have certifate for this marriage
      his father is richard born 1792 married sarah hogg 1817 hope any of this helps dave

Comment

your best bet is to look at www.familysearch.org Dave
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

hi darksecretz thanks for that ive looked there is one john born 1677 rothley i belive some how there is a connetion between rodger willmore married to helen farmer 1590 rothley
          they have if i am right 10 chilldren i am trying to fill in with dates and info to find out more on this john and his family and birth if i can thanks dave

Comment

Bear in mind that people from the south end of Mountsorrel normally used the church at Rothley, not St. Peter's, so you may need to check the original Rothley PRs too.
            Last edited by Mary from Italy; 09-11-12, 11:14.

Comment

thanks mary i dont have rothley this is were i am stuck the only other ones ive found but can not prove as yet are
              john willmore born 24 may 1674
              i have a laurence willmore born 26 nov 1643 married to elizabeth no date they have john 1674 and sarah 1681
              then a laurence willmore born 1609 married to eliz no date they have laurence 1643 and helen 1641
              laurence 1609 is the son of rodger willmore married to helen farmer [all from fs] if any one can help thanks dave

Comment

Do you have these

Enderby 08-Mar 1772 L Lawrence Willmore OTP Bach 28
                Sarah Burgiss Lubbesthorpe Spin 21

Enderby 15-May 1810 L Lawrence Willmore OTP Bach 34
                Maria Bull OTP Spin 23

Mountsorrel 10-Jul 1782 B Thomas Willmore OTP
                Mary Jarrat OTP Spin

Sutton Cheney 24-Nov 1778 B Thomas Willmore OTP
                Ann Nurse OTP

Think these would be worth a view of the originals

Mountsorrel 03-Apr 1755 B Laurence Wilmon OTP
                Susanna Wid OTP

Mountsorrel 07-Sep 1756 B Sarah Wilmon OTP
                Samuel Daft Leicester, St. Margaret
                Last edited by Elaine; 09-11-12, 19:24.
                Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
                http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

hi elaine and most of all thanks for your help and time i have thomas b 1782 father thomas b 1760 mother mary jarret b 1761 married10 7 1782
                  i have laurence b1726 married susanah wild b 1728 on 3 4 1755 i have them having mary b 10 3 1756 thomas b 23 10 1758 but i dont have that laurence b 1755
                  i dont hve any of the others you mention thanks and i most gratefull for any help any one may offer dave

Comment

I have some Enderby records but can't remember where I found them online

LAWRENCE WILMORE ENDERBY LICENCE 15TH MAY 1810 H J MADDOCK, CURATE
                    MARIA BELL ENDERBY
                    In the presence of
                    MARY ANN BULL SURNAME BULL ON IGI
                    EDWARD BRADSHAW ROBERT WILIMORE

will have a look through for you later
                    Last edited by Elaine; 10-11-12, 13:34.
                    Elaine

Comment

Here you go

loads of records for you to look through:D
                      Elaine

Comment

thanks again elain in the time of the 1800s i have traced my tree if again i am correct to the below
                        richard willmore b 1792 marries 26 5 1817 st marys rothley sarah hogg born 1795 they have joseph b 1818
                        sarah dies richard remarries 20 4 1835 to alice baum b 20 4 1806 they then have charles b 1836
                        i am most gratefull for your time dave

Comment

hi elain and thanks again for your time
                          in the 1800s i have richard b 1792 married to sarah hogg 26 5 1817 st marys rothley sarah b 1795 they have joseph 1818
                          sarah dies richard then remarries 20 4 1835 alice baum b 1806 they then have charles b 1836
                          i am most gratefull for your help and time hope the the above helps
                          joseph b 1818 lecister then moves up to co durham dave

Comment

Originally posted by tyson View Post
                            hi elain and thanks again for your time
                            in the 1800s i have richard b 1792 married to sarah hogg 26 5 1817 st marys rothley sarah b 1795 they have joseph 1818
                            sarah dies richard then remarries 20 4 1835 alice baum b 1806 they then have charles b 1836
                            i am most gratefull for your help and time hope the the above helps
                            joseph b 1818 lecister then moves up to co durham dave
                            sorry repeated post

Comment

hi all a fresh pair of eyes if anyone could help please on my brick wall,

found this link on willmores http://www.archive.org/stream/histor...0fost_djvu.txt setion 27 reads as this HISTORY OF THE WILMER FAMILY. 27

IV. Roger Wilmer, not named in the wills of
                              his father and mother, but mentioned in
                              the Visitation of Northamptonshire made in
                              161 8-19. In 1595 a fine was passed between
                              William Leigh, Knt., querent, and a certain Roger
                              Wilmore and Elena his wife, deforciants, of land
                              in Withybrooke.'^ In 1608-9 another fine was
                              passed between Thomas Garrett, querent, and
                              Roger Wilmore and Elena his wife, deforciants,
                              of premises in Yelvertoft, co. Northampton. '3
                              V. Peter Wilmer, Gent., of Coventry, baptized
                              1st August 1545 ;-f- married first Elizabeth,^
                              daughter of Ralph Browne,'4 of Coventry, and
                              had a daughter and heiress, ELIZABETH WiLMER.
                              He married secondly daughter of Thomas
                              found a rodger willmore married a hellen farmer oct 1590 enderby , the two villages are near where thy married they had 12 chilldren so i am tryin to find the link of one of these children ,
                              to john willmore married to mary burton st peters 10 april 1711,
                              i wonder if any one can have a fresh look at this please or tell me if you think ive lost the plot for trying the opposite way and am i reading into this link to much
                              thanks again ;
                              kind regards dave

Comment

Hi Tyson,
                                Not sure if your update has been missed by everyone but this will bunp it up again and hope someone will take a look for you

Edna

Comment

Working...
                                X