Edward Montague - can anyone see a birth - or find him in 1911

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edward Montague - can anyone see a birth - or find him in 1911

In 1901 Edward Montague is shown as adopted - 1 year old - born in Nottingham in the household headed by Margaretta Peirson (although she is transcribed incorrectly - on FMP at least) in Patrington Yorkshire (RG13 piece 4508 folio 102 page 2 )

Can't see a birth for him or find him in 1911 - can anyone else?

I'm wondering if there is any chance he could be

Births Dec 1899
    Thorns Edward Montague Nottingham 7b 393

who is proving elusive in 1901 and 1911 - but who apparently "reappears" to marry in 1919 and die in 1977 (both in Devon)

Before I start ordering certificates - can he also be found in either census??

i'm having a look for you Sue
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

nope can't see him in 1911.. or find a birth for Edward Montague.. I did see him in 1901 with his adoptive mother and she is transcribed correctly on Ancestry as Pierson.

there is also an electoral roll entry for a Edward Montague Thorns in Camden 1918. on Ancestry

Julie

Comment

I cannot find him either I also looked through the military records ,but agree there is a good chance that Edward Montague Thorns is him.

Comment

Thanks Ladies - birth cert ordered this am - wait to see what it reveals..............

Comment

Originally posted by SueNSW View Post
            Thanks Ladies - birth cert ordered this am - wait to see what it reveals..............
            oooh that will be interesting then, I didn't find a marriage though, but did see the death in Devon. [I also checked my discs and couldn't spot a likely baptism]
            Julie

Comment

not sure if you have seen this or not Sue, but looks very interesting!!

Julie

Comment

May move onto his descendents depending on whether we are able to work out who he was.

The other child in the household in 1901 was a friend's father - being looked after by his maternal grandmother and spinster aunts - his parents were touring theatrical people. My friend had seen the mystery boy included in the 1901 census entry some years ago but didn't know how to pursue him and mentioned it to me recently knowing my interest in genealogy

Edward Montague Thorns married - as I said in my initial post - in 1919 - 4th qtr in the Crediton district and apparently had 3 children also reg in Devon

Comment

ahh it becomes clearer now.. well, the info is there should your friend wish to pursue this
                  Julie

Comment

Originally posted by SueNSW View Post
                    In 1901 Edward Montague is shown as adopted - 1 year old - born in Nottingham in the household headed by Margaretta Peirson (although she is transcribed incorrectly - on FMP at least) in Patrington Yorkshire (RG13 piece 4508 folio 102 page 2 )

Can't see a birth for him or find him in 1911 - can anyone else?

I'm wondering if there is any chance he could be

Births Dec 1899
                    Thorns Edward Montague Nottingham 7b 393

who is proving elusive in 1901 and 1911 - but who apparently "reappears" to marry in 1919 and die in 1977 (both in Devon)

Before I start ordering certificates - can he also be found in either census??
                    Hoping you are still monitoring this! I am married to the youngest son of Edward Montague Thorns and can give you much more detail if you are still interested.

Mary

Comment

I'm sure Sue will be delighted to talk to you Mary She comes on regularly but you could send her a private message by clicking on her name and then Private message.
                      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Working...
                      X