Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage bann info please

Hi all,

Could someone look up a marriage bann for me please so i can hopefully eliminate this as not my ancestor.

William Clithero married Fanny Rose Jun Qtr 1890 in Pancras, London.

How old are they, the occupation of William and who the father of William is.

Thanks
    Craig

William is 26 a Horsekeeper his father is John a Coachman Fanny is 28
    Last edited by Guest; 04-11-12, 21:55.

Comment

13 April 1890
      Fanny Rose (28) spinster, father Charles Rose, farm labourer
      William Clithero (26) bachelor, horsekeeper, father John Clithero, coachman
      Married in Somerstown. Address 45 Werrington Street (I think)
      Witnesses William and Mary Jane Hunter.

Anne

Comment

Thanks Val and Anne for helping. I can cross this one off now and eliminate this one . Phew, didn't want another bigamous marriage in my tree! lol.
        Craig

Comment

Originally posted by cpdavis35 View Post
          Thanks Val and Anne for helping. I can cross this one off now and eliminate this one . Phew, didn't want another bigamous marriage in my tree! lol.
          I have loads in my tree and I love it when I find out ,much more exciting than a normal marriage ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
            I have loads in my tree and I love it when I find out ,much more exciting than a normal marriage ;D
            Very true, although, i have done enough work on this guy recently and i just wanted him to spare me the thought of more digging and more people i could be distantly related to. lol.
            Craig

Comment

well yes there is that to consider :(

Comment

well yes there is that to consider :(
                Although i do agree with you... bigamous marriages etc make it more interesting and more to talk about
                Craig

Comment

it does more so when it gets in the papers and the culprit says he thought the first marriage wasn't legal as he used a brass ring ? and not gold .

Comment

it does more so when it gets in the papers and the culprit says he thought the first marriage wasn't legal as he used a brass ring ? and not gold .
                    LOL .... Now did they really think they could get away with that excuse? lol
                    Craig

Comment

I did hear of someone who imagined he could get out of the need for a divorce by changing his name by deed poll!

Christine
                      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                      X