nexus 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nexus 7

I am hoping Santa will give me a Nexus for Christmas. Should I ask for a 16gb or a 32gb? I am afraid that means nothing to me. I want to download apps,let the grandaughters play one or two games, surf the web and store some photos on it. I realise 32gb is bigger but can I justify the extra money?

Was hoping someone would add to this for you Jill. I'm looking to buy something similar so it would be good to get some views on it.
    Elaine

Comment

Have just got a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and so far pleased with it, think there is a 7 inch version. what was not aware of is that printing from it not quite as easy as with a pc, but have got there now (think Ipad similar issue) imagine Nexus similar. Mine was the 16 gig one and brought a 32 gig card to go in it, not sure if Nexus has that ability, photos do take up fair bit of memory if saved to a good quality, so in my view its best to go for biggest you can, other handy thing with Tab can plug in stick (max 32gig) via a small USB plug in and via same plug in attachment can download pics from camera also got a plug in card reader that enables me to have another 32gig available for media if needed.
      Do intend to use for me tree research, not sure yet how will go about that, working on it (do have Ancestry app, but you have to be on line to use) hope this helps, what am trying to get across, is need to list what you want to do on it ( be realistic) then make sure your choice can do things you want.

Comment

Thanks for your answer. I went into a local computer shop and asked their advice, I was told 1GB would hold the contents of one Encyclopedia Britanica and that the apps I mentioned were very small. He suggested a 16GB would be enough for my purposes.

Comment

thats a salesman's answer, yes the apps are small, but if you intend to save photos on it then fair bit gets used up, at quality level I use can get about 1400 pics on 16gig, at mo only have few pics on pad, with about 8 apps loaded, total space left of the 16 is 11.87 but the available to use is 9.66 (that to do with system use) knew 16 would not be enough for me depends on how you use

Comment

Go for the 32 gb version. It's now the same price as my 16 gb one was a couple of months ago.

Comment

If you’re lucky and Santa does bring you a Google Nexus 7 then you’ll need a case for it. I can recommend the Mofred one on Amazon, http://www.amazon.co.uk/Luxury-Funct...5515538&sr=8-1, although it’s gone up a bit since I bought mine. And if you want to read the guide book for the Nexus 7 before you get one then you can download it to your laptop from http://static.googleusercontent.com/...-Guidebook.pdf. I love my Nexus. It’s so portable and it can now get the BBC iPlayer.

Comment

Thanks for that information Dugless, I will certainly download the guide book as I noticed the right shape parcel was delivered to my husband last week !!

Comment

Go for the 32Gb you will always have enough storage for whatever you will need, I remember a few years ago when my brother had a pc made to his specifications & was asked why do you want 2 GB of ram you will NEVER need so much, my laptop which is only a few months old has 8 GB.

Comment

I am no expert, but in any device the usable capacity is quite a bit lower than the headline storage due to running the system and pre-loaded apps / software so in a 16GB device perhaps as much as 5 or 6GB could be used before you start, not leaving you with much storage. So, I would go for 32GB minimum.

BTW I have just bought the new LG GPad 8.3. Two major reasons:

- for me it is the right size for portability (10" too big; 7" too small)
                    - the clincher: although only a 16GB device it has a microSD slot so another 64GB can be added (a card costs c.£37). This is ample storage and if more is needed extra cards can be used for further storage (I actually have two 4GB cards from a previous phone not now used so I use these in the G Pad and store specific things on them).

Now, I need to post about having my tree on my android device...

Comment

Working...
                    X