Groves famiy again as got wrong,,,,,,,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groves famiy again as got wrong,,,,,,,

Hi sorry seem to have got things wrong on last tread........
    Right i am looking for George Groves b;1830 Harrow, area mother and father..
    he married Jane Wright 23.9.1850 have census 1851 where he and jane are living at east lane harrow.
    Hoping someone can help me out as im getting in such a pickle.
    Many thanks
    Shirl
    x

The marriage record on Ancestry (I presume you have this, because you have the exact date) shows his age as 23, of Wembley, and his father as John, a labourer (as he was, himself).

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

There's a very possible Baptism record on Ancestry, too, in 1827, with father, John, and the DoB shows on the register, too.

If you don't have Ancestry, yourself, then there are a few possibilities to gain access to this:
      1] Many libraries have the Library Edition of Ancestry, so you could go to your local branch and reserve the use of a computer there. Definitely worth doing the preliminary looking up at home, so that you can narrow down your hits from the start, because library computers can be a bit slow! Also worth collecting up several look-ups to do on a particular trip.
      2] Collect up a bundle of things you want to do and use the free fortnight's trail access - but make sure you cancel the in good time, so that you don't accidentally find yourself subscribed for a year when you don't want to.
      3] Visit the London Metropolitan Archives and ask for: Cowley, Register of Baptism, dro/033/a/01, Item 005

Christine
      Last edited by Christine in Herts; 01-11-12, 16:20.
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thank you Christine yes have this but getting so confused by it all lol think i need to sit down like you say with the infor i have and then start again
        have a good weekend and thanks again
        Shirley

Comment

If you are getting confused, just try tackling one "fact" at a time, make sure it's right and then go on to the next one.
          Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
          X