Arthur Fell born c1802 Dublin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arthur Fell born c1802 Dublin.

I'm trying to find him and his wife Ann in the 1841 Census could be England or Wales.
    Have him in 1851/61/71 living as a Horse Keeper in Newtown, Montgomeryshire in each Census.
    They married in Neston, Cheshire 1828 and her name was Ann Jones.who comes from Liverpool:((.............I know dont tell me!
    I've been looking for a few years and my head hurts from trying....can anyone help?

Sorry no luck so far.
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Children's names & DOBs/POBs might help?

Comment

From the 1851 Wales Census, children are;
        John aged 17yrs born Wrexham, Denbighshire
        Catherine 13yrs born Ellesmere, Shrops
        Ann 10yrs born Wrexham
        Arthur 7yrs born Newtown
        William 3yrs born Newtown
        Last edited by AlanC; 31-10-12, 15:59.

Comment

I guess you have trawled the 1841 census for Wickham, Denbighshire, Wales as that is where Ann b.1841 is said to be born

looking at the actual census of 1851 I wonder if whoever copied out the form misread it and it should read Wrexham, I can't find a Wickham!
          Last edited by Darksecretz; 31-10-12, 20:51.
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

aha!! have a look here Alan

Some sections of the Wrexham census have been discovered by the Clwyd FHS.

bit more info here:

and also here:

Web hosting and free web hosting from Bravenet.com. Build your website with our easy webpage builder, web tools, web services, and free website content.
            Last edited by Darksecretz; 31-10-12, 21:05.
            Julie

Comment

Wow, Julie

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoFamily View Post
                Wow, Julie
                :smilee: Sarah.. It set me off wondering, if the place was Wrexham, then, why couldn't I find it in the county/place listing for 1841 Wales census.? I trawled the counties and NO Wrexham at all, so that led me to Google.. I think Alan lives near to Liverpool, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem him getting into Wales should he feel the need to. I would definitely have a look at those links though and see if any of them could possibly help in his quest.
                Julie

Comment

Thank you for that brilliant piece of investigation Julie. It appears that the 1841 Wales Census for Wrexham has been lost. The Enumerator's Book for the centre of Wrexham turned up in an Antique shop, and the detail is soon to be available on-line. I understand that you can view at Offices in Wrexham where I may take the 45 min drive very soon.
                  Have a drink at 'The Trip to Jerusalem' on me

Comment

Originally posted by AlanC View Post
                    Thank you for that brilliant piece of investigation Julie. It appears that the 1841 Wales Census for Wrexham has been lost. The Enumerator's Book for the centre of Wrexham turned up in an Antique shop, and the detail is soon to be available on-line. I understand that you can view at Offices in Wrexham where I may take the 45 min drive very soon.
                    Have a drink at 'The Trip to Jerusalem' on me
                    no problems Alan, it was just a puzzle why I couldn't find it in the listings for the counties! in the meantime, maybe if you sent an email to Clwyd? FHS they might be able to confirm IF your family are actually there? seems abit mad to drive 45mins to discover they are not...

The trip is about 10miles from me Alan, as that is in the City Centre, and I live on the border with Derbyshire. :smilee: x
                    Julie

Comment

Working...
                    X