Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mary Trelfa born Over / Middlewich 1736 died 1808

Good morning all
    Mary Trelfa married Ralph Oakes 2nd January 1758 at St Chads ,Over ,Cheshire - she was my 5 x Grandmother

I can`t find her Baptism .......I PRESUME she was from Over / Middlewich ....but could be wrong

if anyone could find her baptism ,I would be very grateful .....
    cheers
    allan oakes
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

From England & Wales Christening Records 1530-1906;
    A Mary Trelfa is Christened on 24/7/1836 in Malpas, Cheshire.............father Samuel and Mother Mary.
    Is there a typo somewhere?
    Last edited by AlanC; 30-10-12, 09:00.

Comment

Originally posted by AlanC View Post
      From England & Wales Christening Records 1530-1906;
      A Mary Trelfa is Christened on 24/7/1836 in Malpas, Cheshire.............father Samuel and Mother Mary.
      Is there a typo somewhere?
      I suppose it`s possible Alan ...I have found a baptism in Over for Mary Trelfa in 1750`s ...but not in 1736- 40 ...so frustrating...spent almost 4 hours yesterday on various sites ...zilch ...she just seems to appear in 1758 at the marriage 2nd January...I have deduced her birth year by her death in 1808 through Cheshire Parish Records Database...so pretty sure she was b 1736 ...making her 21 at her marriage ....thanks for your input....cheers....allan
      Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

I just looked at Mary Trelfa in 'familysearch.org' and surprised there are so many to choose from...............do you know her parentage?

Comment

No Alan ...that`s what I am after .....cheers

Comment

Childrens names ...presume Marys mum and dads names will be amongst them ...William/John /Thomas /Ralph / Joseph /Mary /Richard /Hannah /Samuel /Elizabeth/ Peter/ DANIEL / Hannah again .....Daniel is my direct line ...
            Last edited by garstonite; 30-10-12, 11:14.

Comment

I feel a headache coming on)

Comment

Ha ha...had one after an hour yesterday...lol

Comment

Just had a look at the original Parish Record. If you dont already know, Ralph was a 'husbandman' and Mary was illiterate.
                  The witnesses were a Samuel Walker and Joseph Maddock if any ring a bell........good luck.

Comment

there's a mary trelfa ch.7 jan 1740, church minshull. dau of willliam.
                    nothing any earlier in the cheshire records on findmypast.

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
                      there's a mary trelfa ch.7 jan 1740, church minshull. dau of willliam.
                      nothing any earlier in the cheshire records on findmypast.
                      Thanks very much Kylejustin ...I will do some research on this lady this morning ....firstly I will see how far Church Minshull is from Over / Middlewich - but WILLIAM being her fathers name and ALSO thename of her first born is a good pointer...look a good possible ...cheers mate ....I will let you know how I get on .......allan

Comment

Location is close , so that`s a good start ...
                        ADDED
                        OK
                        Trelfa baptisms in Church Minshull
                        Samuel , John ,Thomas ,Ann ,William Elizabeth ,Mary, Richard
                        SIX of those names are given to Marys children .....plus Marys name ...that`s 7 out of 8 .....only Ann has not been used in Church Minshull...
                        so the 7th jan 1740 in Church Minshull looks a great possibility ...........so where now ?
                        any members more experienced than me give me some advice please ??

would it be possible to find out if at the marriage of Mary Trelfa to Ralph Oakes on 2nd January 1758 at St Chads in Over - whether her father is named ...hopefully William ?
                        any advice appreciated ...
                        allan
                        Last edited by garstonite; 31-10-12, 09:14.

Comment

marriages from 1754-1837 usually were on pre printed books, which asked for bride and groom's names, what parish they were from, marital status, signatures, witnesses, and whether by banns or license.

Comment

Originally posted by garstonite View Post
                            I suppose it`s possible Alan ...I have found a baptism in Over for Mary Trelfa in 1750`s ...but not in 1736- 40 ...so frustrating...spent almost 4 hours yesterday on various sites ...zilch ...she just seems to appear in 1758 at the marriage 2nd January...I have deduced her birth year by her death in 1808 through Cheshire Parish Records Database...so pretty sure she was b 1736 ...making her 21 at her marriage ....thanks for your input....cheers....allan
                            don't forget though Allan that the information given at death could be wrong, ie: the informant might have guessed that she was such and age and not actually have known just how old she was. [and she could also theoretically have married before she was 21] I know this doesn't exactly help you much but it is something to 'bear in mind'

do you know if the marriage was by Banns or Licence? if it was licence you might be lucky and find a 'bond or allegation' did they leave a will? [might mention other family members]
                            Julie
                            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Sorry Julie ...I don`t know...CPRDb has her death ...and marriage was from Familysearch .....allan

Comment

Working...
                              X