Help needed in unravelling this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed in unravelling this.

Catherine Bullock is born ca 1925 in Norton St Philip in Somerset (sometimes entered as Philips Norton on censuses)

By 1853 she is in London and in Mar Q (21 Mar according to a tree on Ancestry) she marries William Hutchins
    On 8 Oct 1855, as a widow, she marries Onesiphorus Beech. I cannot find a death for William.

According to the tree she dies Sep Q 1867 in Rotherhithe. Onesiphorus remarries in Sep 1872 to Mary Manktelow and dies himself in 1876 in Lambeth. I cannot find Onesiphorus or Catherine in 1861, or Onesphorus in 1871

However, in 1871 Alfred Scott a tobacconist is at 318 Euston Road, with his wife Catherine b, ca 1825 in Philips Norton. Alfred dies 17/4/1873 and the Executor of his will is Catherine Beech, wife of Onisephorus Beech. No marriage found between Alfred Scott and Catherine.

In Mar 1874 Catherine Scott marries Walter Pike in Pancras, and in 1881 Walter is a tobacconist at 318 Euston Road, with wife Catherine b. 1825 at Farley Castle (I think it should be Farleigh Castle, Somerset, just up the road from Norton St Philip.) They are still there in 1891, with Catherine now born in Bath.

Catherine dies in Jun Q 1898, and Walter remarries (now calling himself a Gentleman) 13 may 1899 in St Pancras to Ellen Kate Bullock - the original Catherines niece.

So am I right in thinking that it is all the same woman, apart from the death in 1867 - but I cannot find anyone to match up with that either!

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by ozgirl; 28-10-12, 19:42.
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

I'm not sure this helps but I think this is Onesiphorus in 1871. Now with a 'wife' Louisa. The age tallies with his age at death and he is a plasterer which is the same as on the 1855 marriage

RG10, piece 124, folio 66, page 75

Jackie

Comment

Sept 1875 Ons' Beech marries Louisa Adamson at St George Hanover Sq

Edna

Comment

Originally posted by ozgirl View Post
        apart from the death in 1867 - but I cannot find anyone to match up with that either!
        There is a Catherine Beach on the 1861 census, living in Rotherhithe. Have you eliminated her?
        Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!

RG 9; Piece: 389; Folio: 92; Page: 26;
        Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
          There is a Catherine Beach on the 1861 census, living in Rotherhithe. Have you eliminated her?
          Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!

[I]RG 9; Piece: 389; Folio: 92; Page: 26;
          According to a tree on Ancestry this is the Catherine who died in 1867 - wife of Alexander Richard Beech.

So having eliminated that death, it does appear that what you have in your first post could be the same Catherine (Bullock) running through the decades with the varying relationships!
          Elaine

Comment

Thanks everyone, it helps to have that death eliminated. Onisephorus seems a bit confusing too - if he is with Louisa in 1871 who he marries in 1875, then who is Mary who he supposedly marries in 1872, and what happened to her!!

As my connection with this lot is Walter Pike who is a distant twig, I think thanks to your help his wives are now sorted out, so working out Onisep. is not a priority.

I presume that divorce never came into the equation either :D
            Last edited by ozgirl; 29-10-12, 16:17. Reason: Wrong name!
            Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Just to back up the info from the tree

groom's name: William Hutchins
              bride's name: Catherine Bullock
              marriage date: 21 Mar 1853
              marriage place: Saint Martin In The Fields,Westminster,London,England
              indexing project (batch) number: M00145-5
              system origin: England-ODM
              source film number: 561169, 561170, 561171, 561172, 561173, 561174, 561175

On the marriage to Onesiphorus, her father is given as Thomas Bullock farmer
              Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
              http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

Working...
              X