Liverpool Churches including Birkenhead and Wirral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liverpool Churches including Birkenhead and Wirral

The list of Liverpool churches here contains, in most cases, their opening dates as well as other significant historical information about them. Check out some historical images of Old Liverpool's Churches.

Lots of historical information on this page too

If someone can add it to the Library if it is not already there

Edna

Thanks Edna, the website Old Liverpool is already included on the Lancashire page.
    Elaine

Comment

Yes Elaine but this is to do with Churches which may be missed on the whole site

Edna

Comment

I realise what you are saying Edna but it's really not possible to list every aspect of each website.
        If you look at the Lancashire page in the reference library you will see there is a dedicated section for Liverpool links in which we show a link to the Old Liverpool website (home page)

If we were to add a specific link for the Liverpool churches part of the Old Liverpool website, then we should really also list the other sections of the site, namely:
        • Old Liverpool Historical Timeline
        • Old Liverpool Advertisements & Photographs
        • Marriages & Obituaries
        • Liverpool Snippets
        • Liverpool Ships
        • Court: Assizes and Sessions
        • Walk around Liverpool in 1812
        • 6 walks around Liverpool in 1834
        • ... and I could go on listing the other 6 sections which are noted on the home page.

- that would give us 14 links leading to the one website.

- and if we did this on every website where multiple links are available, you can imagine what effect that would have on the reference library content!

Hence, when we find a website we try to link to the home page, or to the page which we feel is the best starting point for navigating the genealogical resources available within the site.
        Elaine

Comment

OK Elaine your point is taken and understood thanks

Edna

Comment

.. but please don't let that put you off making suggestions Edna.
            We do appreciate contributions of new links which help to keep the reference library active and up to date.
            Elaine

Comment

What a coincidence Edna. I have just been searching for (and finally found) an old photograph of St Peter's Church Everton after I found a marriage I wanted had taken place there. Not the same thing I know but quite a coincidence never the less
              Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Yes it was an interesting find that I had not read before and took the time to read right through the list finding out lots of information about churches in Liverpool and historical bits of interest.
                A good site for searching for a church is http://www.achurchnearyou.com/ it may not be listed but well worth a try

Edna

Comment

Thank you ladies................because of Edna's prompt and Elaine's response, I'm a wiser man this morning though I should take time to get to know this Site better.......................a lesson for a few of us perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                  X