Henry George Adamson 1900 emigrated to USA or Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henry George Adamson 1900 emigrated to USA or Canada

Hello everyone - I am trying to help a friend whose ancestor Henry George Adamson, was born 1900 in Newfield, Durham. She understands from the family, that he disappeared and supposedly emigrated to Canada or the USA. I would be really grateful if anyone could do a look up for me.
    Thank you for reading,
    Rachel

there is a Henry Adamson born abt 1898 going to Canada in 1920 he is a Turner ?

Comment

Hi Val - Um possibly, father was a coal miner, Henry George was only 11 on the 1911, so no clues there! Everything I have points to a correct DOB as 1900.
      Thanks for looking.
      Rachel

Comment

Did you notice that in England & Wales Death Index a Henry G. Adamson whose birth shows about 1900 dies in the Dec Qtr 1964, Blackpool, Lancs.

Comment

Henry George Adamson was christened 17/2/1900 in Bishop Auckland, Durham to parents Thomas & Rosilla.
          There are a few options when searching Immigration & Travel on Ancestry particularly when the name or initial of G is dropped.

Comment

Hello Alan - Thank you so much I had missed that as I was only thinking about him emigrating as the family stories go, I think he might have gone to Canada or the US or both, but later come back to the UK, there are other Blackpool links, his step father died in B'pool in 1970's and his sister in the 1980's!!! You are absolutely correct on your baptism details. Interestingly the family called him George, not Henry, which doesn't help in checking his movements overseas!!
            Thanks again,
            Rachel

Comment

Working...
            X