Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know what happened to Maude Emma Amelia Challis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know what happened to Maude Emma Amelia Challis?

A Maude Emma Amelia Challis married my Grandfather Stanley Augustus Northrop in 1903 in Walthamstow. I cannot find her death and much about her life story. She had died by 1926 as he married my Grandmother then. I do not know what happened to their children when she died as we only recently found out that they existed. Can anyone help me?

Do you have the marriage cert?
    it will tell you her age, and her fathes name
    Jess

Comment

???
      maud 1891?

Source Citation: Class: RG12; Piece: 1316; Folio: 88; Page: 65; GSU roll: 6096426.

likewise 1901
      Class: RG13; Piece: 1632; Folio: 24; Page: 39.
      Last edited by Jessbowbag; 22-10-12, 23:00.
      Jess

Comment

Name: Maud Emma Challis
        Record Type: Birth
        Estimated Birth Date: 23 Nov 1881
        Father's Name: John Challis
        Parish or Poor Law Union: St Pancras
        Borough: Camden
        Register Type: Parish Registers
        Jess

Comment

another potential candidate

Name: Maude Emma A Challas
          Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1887
          Registration district: Edmonton
          Inferred County: Middlesex
          Volume: 3a
          Page: 39 (click to see others on page)
          Last edited by Jessbowbag; 22-10-12, 23:02.
          Jess

Comment

Welcome to the forum

The 1911 census for the family is mistranscribed on Ancestry as Morthrup. There were 4 children by this stage and Maude was born Tottenham c1886

Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!

I have found some more information which, because of the possible sensitive nature, I will PM you about
            Jackie

Comment

Thank you this was most interesting particularly as I know the road in Chingford. I believe the Northrops knew the Browns in Walthamstow but I don't have any evidence for this apart from what relatives said to Mum.

Comment

Thank you for finding this for me. I believe that the farming and labouring families of Chingford knew each other very well in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. I would suggest that the Silvey, Hobbs, Northrops and Browns knew each other. There are some marriages between the families and their addresses are close together.

Comment

Yes Jess I have the marriage certificate and it is useful for her early life and life up to 1911. It gets cloudy what happened to her at the end of WW1.

Comment

Thank you for finding this for me
                    Sarah

Comment

Hi Sarah
                      Do you have access to ancestry? Stanley's service records are on there & contain some very ineresting information about him & Maude although this may be the "sensitive information" that Night Owl has already passed on to you.
                      Moggie

Comment

Working...
                      X