World War 1 Service Records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World War 1 Service Records

My Grandad was in the Royal horse / Field Artillery in WW1.

Now I have his payment accounts , service no and discharge papers.

Anyone have any tips to try and find out his exact regiment / battalion. According to the info I have he joined up in April 1916 and was discharged October 1918 He landed in France 20 jan 1917.

Any pointers at all would be great...
    Researching the names HART,LILLEY,DAVISON & FINN all from around LINCS/CAMBS. HARTS Also in AUS & CANADA

Dont give up in the search for Maddie

Don't his discharge papers give the information? Are they the originals held by the family or have you found them online?
    The National Archives, Kew – Research Service Offered
    Contact me via PM on Family Tree Forum or via my personal website - www.militaryandfamilyresearch.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by annswabey View Post
      Don't his discharge papers give the information? Are they the originals held by the family or have you found them online?
      They are the originals....all it says RH & RFA....no Battalion or Regiment....????
      Researching the names HART,LILLEY,DAVISON & FINN all from around LINCS/CAMBS. HARTS Also in AUS & CANADA

Dont give up in the search for Maddie

Comment

If he wasn't an officer his records, if they've survived, (lots haven't) will be on the Ancestry website and they should give some detail. Royal Horse Artillery and Royal Field Artillery were his regiments. You need to know which Unit of those regiments he served with.
        The National Archives, Kew – Research Service Offered
        Contact me via PM on Family Tree Forum or via my personal website - www.militaryandfamilyresearch.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X