Winship family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winship family

We are tracing the Winship family at the moment who used to live in Middlesbrough. John Winship (1828ish-1901ish)who was married to Mary (Jefferson) is shown in the later Census's as been born in about 1828 in Hull. However we have been unable to find any further information about him or who his parents were.

I think your best bet would be to get a copy of the marriage cert. That should give his father's name and occupation. FamilySearch shows the marriage took place on 25th October 1863 at Holy Trinity, Stockton-on-Tees and that his father was Robert Winship. It also says that John was a widower. I don't know whether you have bought certs before but just in case, please use either the GRO or the local registrars office. They should cost about £9.25. Many other sites charge a lot more
    Jackie

Comment

Another option would be to obtain a copy of the parish register - it should have all the information that the cert has (perhaps you already have it?).

I noticed that in one of the censuses, he was listed with estimated year-of-birth as 1825 - could this be your man?
      https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/J743-72G -
      father is robert, it's in HOLY TRINITY,KINGSTON UPON HULL,YORK,ENGLAND

Maybe Robert's & Mary's other children?
      Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.
      Last edited by PhotoFamily; 19-10-12, 02:05.

Comment

Working...
      X