Oetzmann family history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oetzmann family history

I am new to this forum and having been trying to trace the family history of my granmothers family, the Oetzmanns. I have managed to trace them back to a Henry Augustus Oetzmann who was living in the Ipswich area circa 1810-1830. He was married to Mary Adams who we think died circa 1822, and then he married Ann maria Bedwell. We believe Henry came from the Hannover district and may have born some time between 1780 to 1790 but have no proof of this. If anybody has information on him and his family, it would be appreciated

Familysearch has a baptism I will send you a copy by PM for a son John Robert Augustus Otzman

Edna

https://www.familysearch.org/search/...ar%3A1780-1790~
    Last edited by clematised; 18-10-12, 21:15. Reason: add link

Comment

Came across this in the paper

Births, Deaths, Marriages and Obituaries .
      The Ipswich Journal (Ipswich, England), Saturday, June 13, 1857; Issue 6162
      24th ult., at New York, deeply regretted by her husband and friends, Mary, the beloved wife of B. C. H. Macey M.D., and the only daughter of the late Mr. H. Oetzmann, formerly of St. Clement's, Ipswich.
      Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
      http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

Oetzmann

Originally posted by Andyr View Post
        I am new to this forum and having been trying to trace the family history of my granmothers family, the Oetzmanns. I have managed to trace them back to a Henry Augustus Oetzmann who was living in the Ipswich area circa 1810-1830. He was married to Mary Adams who we think died circa 1822, and then he married Ann maria Bedwell. We believe Henry came from the Hannover district and may have born some time between 1780 to 1790 but have no proof of this. If anybody has information on him and his family, it would be appreciated
        Hi - who was your grandmother?
        Henry was my great great grandfather and I have an enormous amount of info on him including his denization papers (naturalisation). He was a soldier in the Kings Own German Legion stationed at Woodbridge which is why he settled in Ipswich. He was indeed from Hannover and I have information on his parents and grandparents too. If you are descended from JRA Oetzmann then you are quite closely related to me - I am his direct descendent through the male line - my grandfather was Chairman of the furniture firm
        I await your response
        Regards
        Stuart

Comment

Hello Stuart,

it appears that Andy hasn't been onsite for a month or so, but if you would like to send him a 'Private Message' then you need to click on his name to the left of the thread, you will get a drop down box with 'private message' click on that and you can initiate contact and he should get an email to say you have sent him a message via this site.

oh and welcome :smilee:
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Stuart,

thanks for your info, I have sent you a Private message

cheers

Andy

Comment

hi I have never been on this forum before but likewise I would like to know a little more about my fathers family. his name 'John Robert' his mother was Kathleen Oetzmann. I think there must be a connection as the Oetzmann family had Ipswich connections and owned a furniture business. not sure what happens next but would like to hear from you.

Comment

Hello muddlemiss and welcome to Family Tree Forum,
                The poster has not been active recently but you can try contacting him by clicking on his username and selecting from the dropdown box to send a private message,
                If his e mail address is still active he will receive your message and hopefully reply.

Comment

Muddlemiss, you are correct in the link to the Oetzmann Family from Ipswich. John Robert was also the name of your Great Great Grandfather and your Great Grandfather was called Frederick Augustus Oetzmann. John Robert is also the point where we share direct ancestory as Frederick was the older brother to my Great Grandfather Frank Willoughby Oetzmann. Frederick and Franks grandfather was called Henry Augustus Oetzmann and he was originally born in Germany and fought in the Napoleonic Wars for the British as part of the Kings German Legion under Wellington including the Battle of Waterloo which celebrates it's 200 year anniversary this year. It's is interesting but I had not got any records of Fredericks family other than he married a lady called Ada Ellen Smith so you have been able to fill in some blanks in the family tree. If you want to know more then send me a private message

cheers

Andy

Comment

Stuart. I come from the less salubrious end of the Oetzmann clan. My great great great great grandfather was Heinrich Oetzmann. Then his son by his first wife, Charles, and then his daughter Sarah with Charles' second wife Sarah Mixer. Their daughter, Sarah Oetzmann, born 1847, became pregnant at the age of 15 and was shipped off to High Wycombe. There, looked after by the Curtis family, she gave birth, at 16, to Fanny Oetzmann, my great grandmother. Fanny was 'fostered' by the Curtis family ('nurse child' in the census) and eventually moved with them to Glasgow. Fanny's birth certificate just mentions Calico worker as the father and the fact that High Wycombe was the chair home of the UK made me wonder how close the two half brothers were as there seems to be a furniture link in the solution to this dilemma. Charles was a school master and a 'nurse child' was usually paid for by the family. I'm in the early stages of my research but if you have anything to help, that would be great. Gill

Comment

Working...
                    X