Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re: Alfred John Alexander-Where are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alfred John Alexander-Where are you?

Ages ago i asked for help to find my Alfred John Alexander without any luck [see below] However after a lot of searching i have found his acutal birth date which is...29th Jan 1865,...YAY!!!! however i still can't find him BOO!!!....There is one birth for around that month but that was in Winchester Hampshire......After checking the family on the 1871 the father had died & shows mum Julia, i checked the 1861 census before Alfred was born & the father shown is George...So now i am really stumped!!! Has Alfred lied about his father's name if so why name his son Alfred Thomas????
    Thanks,
    Kaz.

Hi All.
    My 3x Great Uncle is a bit of a mystery......
    He was born Middlesex/ London around 1866,his father was Thomas Alexander
    I have everything on Alfred from 1881 onwards & also including his marriage in Cardiff to Jane Ellen [nee Tremlett] Ramson.
    I can't find Alfred or his family on the 1871 census..........
    Can anyone find him?
    Thanks,
    Kaz.
    "Genealogy -disturbing the dead,and irritating the living"

Don't know if I'm being stupid but what are you actually looking for? The 1871 census for Alfred?

What are the details for the census where you found Julia please?
    Lauren =)

Comment

What is the source of the date of birth which you have found?
      Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
        What is the source of the date of birth which you have found?
        Hi Elaine.
        The source was his railway employment at Newport in 1891.........Unless he lied on that ?
        Kaz.

Comment

Originally posted by LaurenS1990 View Post
          Don't know if I'm being stupid but what are you actually looking for? The 1871 census for Alfred?

What are the details for the census where you found Julia please?
          Lauren.
          It's his birth cert i'm trying to find & as for & Julie/Julie her details was from the census details in 1861 onwards

Kaz.

Comment

Kaz, in the census does he give any more detail about place of birth other than London/Middx ?
            Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine.
              No sometimes Middlesex sometimes London, not very helpful was he :>)
              Kaz.

Comment

Presume you have found Thomas (father) on the marriage certificate - any occupation listed for him?
                Do witnesses help at all?
                Elaine

Comment

Yes Elaine i have found his fathers name of Thomas only on the marriage cert, his occupation was noted to be Stainer.
                  Kaz.

Comment

I take it you have his death I think in 1953 Cardiff? says aged 87

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                      I take it you have his death I think in 1953 Cardiff? says aged 87
                      Hi Val,
                      Yes i sure do.
                      Kaz.

Comment

I did find a marriage between a George Alexander and a Julia Ann Alexander in 1867? in Hampshire , and another with a George Alexander and a Julia Cover in 1859 Winchester ,cannot find a marriage for a Thomas Alexander and a Julia ?

Comment

I did find a marriage between a George Alexander and a Julia Ann Alexander in 1867? in Hampshire , and another with a George Alexander and a Julia Cover in 1859 Winchester ,cannot find a marriage for a Thomas Alexander and a Julia ?
                          I know so have i...At present i can't fathom out if he is telling porkies, if he is, why???
                          Kaz.

Comment

I have so many liars in my tree nothing surprises me now. Who was the informant on his death cert ? as they obviously did not know his date of birth .

Comment

silly question I know but are you sure thats the right marriage for Alfred John Alexander you have ????

Comment

can you give me the link to him and Jane in 1891 ???

Comment

This is really confusing, as IF I'm following the right Alfred and Jane he's a seaman but you say in #1 he worked for the railway. Ancestry is playing silly beggars with me tonight and keeps asking me to sign up for a free trial, I have worldwide subscription which expires June 2013!!! Anyhow, it's frustrating me so I'll leave your search hoping Ancestry behaves itself tomorrow. Pleas can you give some census ref's for the couple.
                                  Last edited by Guest; 18-10-12, 01:24.

Comment

What do you know about Jane before she married Alfred? Is she the Jane Ellen born Bristol circa 1859 with parents Thomas and Mary?

Comment

I have so many liars in my tree nothing surprises me now. Who was the informant on his death cert ? as they obviously did not know his date of birth .
                                      I don't have his death cert not as yet.....But i know where he is buried :>)
                                      Kaz.

Comment

Working...
                                      X