James white born 1687

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James white born 1687

Has anyone got any idea who James's real mother is as I have conflicting reports. James's wife is Martha Wright 1683-1744. His fathers name was Thomas White.

Thanks,

Nick

Nick, we will probably need some idea of location!
    Elaine

Comment

I believe its in the Wiltshire area,

Nick

Comment

Do you know when and where James was born?
        Elaine

Comment

No sorry elaine all I know is that James was born in 1687, I think Heytesbury, Wiltshire. And married Martha Wright on the 19th Jan 1714 in Heytesbury, Wilts. What Im trying to establish is who were James's parents. I know it's not much to go on but Im sure there are some blood hounds out there than can help.

Comment

Originally posted by snowyred View Post
            is that James was born in 1687, I think Heytesbury, Wiltshire. And married Martha Wright on the 19th Jan 1714 in Heytesbury, Wilts.
            What is the source of that information ?
            Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
            Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Hi Anthony the source Ive been using have been other family trees, I know they can be very inconsistant and inacurate but unfortunately at present I dont have the funds to work on MY HERITAGE or ANCESTRY.

Nick

Comment

Nick

The place to look for the information will be the parish records of Heytesbury - they should be available in a number of places , primarily Wiltshire County Records Office, but also other local libraries in the area may have copies/transcripts. The Society of Genealogists library in London has microfiche copies and so do the LDS Family History Centres (the London centre is currently housed at The National Archive at Kew).

Searching in the time period you are looking at usually involves looking at more than just the church registers - they often contain very little information and you need to look at other documents like Wills to tie families together.

However - you are obviously aware that taking information from other trees, without checking the sources and verifying the links as you go,can be a very unreliable way of getting your own family history..... I have just been doing research for a client , where there are at least 6 family trees relating to his "ancestors" on Ancestry, but they all contain the same fundamental error in the mid 19th C where one person has made a wrong assumption and other people have just copied the mistake into their own trees.
                Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
                Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

https://www.familysearch.org/search/...3014&offset=20 Here are some White family births Haytesbury but not one you are looking for but these may come in usefula later

Edna

Comment

Thanks Anthony for all your help.
                    Nick.

Comment

Working...
                    X