marianna caruana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marianna caruana

I am finding it impossible to research my grandmother Marianna Caruanna,she was born in Malta in 1880,and married my grandfather Frederick Charles Coulson,born 1877 Keighley,yorkshire,i think they married about 1901 in Malta,they had 15 children,one been adopted from my grandmothers side her name was Rosa,My father Harold Ernest Coulson was the 2nd youngest of them!he was born Malta 1922.

There is a tree on Ancestry which includes Marianna Caruanna - http://trees.ancestry.co.uk/tree/351...on/18748954974
    Elaine

Comment

Thank you for the reply,yes the tree is my tree,but i can not get anywere in finding more out about my Grandmothers side,her Mother and Father are a guess , i am not very good at research,i remember my Father telling me that her Mothers surname had something to do with Bonice or Montebello,and that her parents came from Italy or at least one of them did,i can find no records for her at all,as i would love to know more about her side,she came to England with my dad around 1950 and passed away in 1953 and is buried in Southend,Essex,were as my Grandfather Frederick is buried in Malta.

Comment

this is the maltese site for births, deaths and marriages:

costs 9.32 euro a cert.

Comment

Geneanet, The Free Collaborative Genealogy Database! Build Your Family Tree, Share Your Family History and Improve Your Genealogy Research.

View the genealogy "RAIMARC" made by Marc Raineau (mraineau).

Looks like the earliest was actually from Gozo - 1815 is the earliest in this mans tree
          Gio Maria Spiteri 1782 - 1838 seems to have married into the family ...spiteri sounds Italian ...I wonder if this is the Italian connection ...interestingly there are only 5 family trees on that site ...
          1 from Algeria
          1 from Gozo
          3 from Malta .........but one person who has the Caruanna tree in 1858 era in Malta - also has the Gozo 1815 tree as well.....looks to be a very interesting family
          good luck
          allan;)
          Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
          oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
          adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
          merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
          coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

If she was born 1880 and it appears to not be a common name ....do you know if these 2 gentleman ( both in the Royal Navy ) who appear to have been born in
            Bromlo , Malta , may be related ...ie her uncles ???
            Vincente Caruanna born 1863 Bromlo, Malta
            Tancredy Caruanna born 1856 ............................................ maybe somebody more knowledgable than me can find Royal Navy records ??
            Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
            oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
            adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
            merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
            coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Thank you for your reply and help,i will look the site up.

Comment

Thanks for all the help i am not a skilled researcher so it will take me a while to understand how to get to grips with all the information you have found for me,as i havent got a clue what to look up first,thanks again:o

Comment

Thank you for your reply and help:o

Comment

http://www.cyndislist.com/western-europe/general/ You may find this helpful, I have reported one broken link but hope you can find some help here as it is a worthwhile site

Edna

Comment

Hi thanks for the help

Rosaira

Comment

Thank you for your help,

Rosaira

Comment

Working...
                        X