Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baptism/Burial records for Westham, Essex 1900s

Hi all,

Does anybody have access to baptism or burial records in Essex?

I would like to have more details on the following;

Births Dec 1892 (>99%)

Deaths Mar 1893 (>99%)

Thanks
    Lauren
    Lauren =)

if you know the town specifically, you can get a sub for the day for seax, and view the registers. it is cheap, and very handy when i need to check something.

Comment

Hi Lauren
      As Kylejustin said you would need to know the town before you could look at the registers.
      The West Ham District in 1892/3 covered West Ham, East Ham, Leyton, Little Ilford, Walthamstow, Wanstead & Woodford.
      Moggie

Comment

It would be Woodford.
        Does anyone have access to the records that could do a look up for me please?
        Lauren =)

Comment

Not a site I've used or needed to use, but at £5 for a day's searching, it sounds very reasonable.

However, it does say the site is closed to new subscribers until Monday, so you may have to wait to register and use it.:(

Jay
          Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Signed up and paid to do the search. However it says I am unable to view the documents online and must go to the records office in Essex :-(
            Lauren =)

Comment

To anyone looking at using SEAX online for Parish Registers in particular - it's well worth going to this page first to check out how late the registers for the church you are interested in have been digitised - it is an ongoing project (that doesn't seem to have progressed much though since they started charging!!)

Early records - generally before 1837 - have been digitised quite comprehensively but only places whose names start with letters at the beginning of the alphabet seem to have had records for later periods digitised so far

They also have some electoral rolls digitised for 1918 and 1929 - that you can plough through without being charged
              Last edited by SueNSW; 17-10-12, 15:54.

Comment

Working...
              X