Family tree Marker 2011 won't load!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family tree Marker 2011 won't load!!!

Its driving me crazy, I have used these programmes a few times before, and bought this 2011 just to get the free ancestry on it, it doesn't matter what I do, it just won't install, ( I can hear the disc spining like mad) I have tried many times to install it manually, and when I click on 'my computer' to click on explore all I get is computer (not responding) I have tried Tec support and they just tell me to install it manually, but comp won't let me, has anyone any ideas, do you think the disc is to blame!...I do have 2011 and 2012 installed on comp, would this be the problem....when I stalled these two, they install straight away,automatically, why is this one being such a pain.... many thanks if you can help......Lilly..ps see the state I am getting in..., can't even spell MAKER in title now...:(
    Last edited by Lilly the flower; 10-10-12, 15:02.

Sounds to me as if the disc is damaged - or there is a problem with your disc drive itself. Try another disc in your computer just to make sure the disc drive is working OK.
    If you already have 2012 installed I presume you are trying to install this one in order to get a freebie Ancestry subscription? If so, it might be worth while using the freephone number to contact Ancestry, tell them you have purchased FTM 2011 in order to get a free sub and it wont load and can they advise? You may find they will just give you the free sub "over the phone" (according to other members who have had problems with installation!)
    Elaine

Comment

Meant to say, the fact that you already have other versions of FTM installed on your computer should not cause a problem.
      Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine. many thanks for your answers, I guessed the same, my disc player is fine, and I have also wiped the disc, yes I just wanted the free ancestry subscription, as this FTM was only just over 3 pounds to buy, and at the moment I just really need the census, so thought that's a cheap way to do it, anyway, I will give ancestry a ring and see what they say, failing that, I will just have to return the disc I guess...:( many thanks again........Lilly

Comment

**update** I emailed the Company I bought this FTM from, they aplogised, and have send me a new FTM, which I received today, so fingers crossed, this one will work......Lilly

Comment

did it ???

Comment

Lol yes Val, it did, but.........after a brain wave, I got a nice paint brush!!!!! and gave the disc player a good clean, and the previous disc, that didn't work,played oh dear, I thought I now have two new FTM 2011 with three months free ancestry on each....so six months for the price of one, mind you it did cost me about 3 whole pounds!! so now do I return one of the FTM's or not????......Lilly

Comment

Working...
              X