Marriage look up please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage look up please

John BUTTERS born abt 1845 Cheltenham Gloucester according to 1901 where he is living in Islington,
    Wife Sarah born abt 1850 Finsbury,

Here they are in 1901

Their daughter Elizabeth born 1886 Islington married my rellie in 1906 in Islington says father is a Plumber and am trying to find her and her family in 1891 plus her parents marriage ?? any ideas thanks

will have a look
    Jess

Comment

oh thanks Jess I did find a death for a William John Butters in 1906 which could be the father ?

Comment

Sarah Brookes/john Butters Jul-Aug-Sep 1878 Hackney London
        Jess

Comment

In 1911 Sarah A Butters, born about 1847 Finsbury, although widowed, entered the number of years married etc on her census form - married 46 years, 11 children born, 8 living, 3 deceased. If she was counting from year of marriage to 1911 that means a marriage about 1865. But her maths skills may not have been up to the task. RG14PN812 RG78PN28 RD10 SD2 ED13 SN288

Her older children were baptised with parents given as John and Sarah Butters, but the baptisms of the three with her in 1911 show with parents William John and Sarah http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...h=rg1&msbdp=10
          Last edited by JudithM; 06-10-12, 19:33.
          Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

thanks Jess will look at that one , Thats interesting Judith I didnt look that far back thanks.

Comment

Sarah Ann Constable Apr-May-Jun 1872 Holbron
              Prob still a bit late
              Jess

Comment

Jess, their oldest child was baptised 1873 (William, aged 8 on 1881 census) so that marriage is quite likely despite her claim to 46 yrs marriage.
                Last edited by JudithM; 06-10-12, 19:39.

Comment

thanks for looking Jess I am getting totally confused
                  in 1911 she says she is 64 married 46 years ? if her husband died in 1906 that means she married in 1860 ?? when she was only between 10 and 15 ? or am I seeing this all wrong ?

Comment

oh thanks Judith hadnt seen what you put about the baps , so that Sarah Ann Constable could be her then as Finsbury is Holborn area isn't it

Comment

I think she tried to give the number of years from her marriage until the date of the census, rather than the number of years until her husband died. Even so I'm not convinced she worked it out right - see previous posts.
                      Update - yes Holborn would be the right area.
                      Last edited by JudithM; 06-10-12, 19:42.

Comment

thanks to you two have found them in 1881 now thanks again

Comment

Working...
                        X