st john's preston, lancs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• st john's preston, lancs

i'm trying to confirm 3 baptism entries in st john's preston for 1824-6. they are clear as day on familysearch, and lancsopc says they have the registers from 1816-1827, yet their transcripts jump from jan 1824-jan 1828.

does anyone know how i could get copies of the entries?

there's no break listed in the familysearch catalog. the film number would be listed on the index record. you can find that number in the catalog:

Comment

have pm'd you sarah.

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
        i'm trying to confirm 3 baptism entries in st john's preston for 1824-6. they are clear as day on familysearch, and lancsopc says they have the registers from 1816-1827, yet their transcripts jump from jan 1824-jan 1828.

does anyone know how i could get copies of the entries?
        I have just checked lan-opc
        St Johns , Preston
        1822-1825 2363 baptisms ...then it jumps to 1828 - 1832 4009 records ......I would take that to read that 1824 baptisms are definiteley recorded and some of 1825 as well ...unfortunately 1826 /1827 are not .....would you like to post the names and see if we can find any of them ??
        allan
        Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
        oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
        adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
        merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
        coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

I have access to the baptism register entries for St John's covering 1825-1827 ... what are you looking for ?
          Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
          Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Working...
          X