Sophia Brewerton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sophia Brewerton

I'm looking for Sophia Walton Brewerton, born 1786, Reading, married Thomas Brewerton, 1812
    They had a child, Sophia, in Norwich, 1813

In 1841 she's widowed in the workhouse, Reading

Not found thereafter. She had a surviving brother in Hampton, Middlesex.
    There are three listed in freebmd:

1844 - Reading: That one is a child. Could be related? Dunno how

1847 - Southwark: Can anyone get more info - is there an age?

1885 - Bradford - I doubt it is a relation.

So, can anyone find more info about either Sophias?

A Sophia Brewerton died in Reading in J/F/M quarter 1844. Vol. 6 page 184.
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

The burial for Sophia is on Family Search:
      Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

but according to this the age was 0.
      Last edited by Elizabeth Herts; 05-10-12, 08:34.
      Elizabeth
      Research Interests:
      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

The Sophia who was buried in 1844 at St Giles, Horn Street Reading on 6th March was 5 months old and the address given is East Street.

From Berkshire FHS
        Last edited by Frazzled; 05-10-12, 08:49.

Comment

I've just found the entry on NBI3 and they also say the Sophia buried was 5 months old.
          Elizabeth
          Research Interests:

Comment

According to Ancestry, a Sophia Brewerton died in 1847 with a burial date of 15 Sep 1847 given at Christ Church, Southwark.

Jul/Aug/Sep qr 1847
            St Saviour Southwark
            Vol 4 page 367

You'd have to order the certificate for the age.

There is a problem though, because when I click on the entry I get the Probate Calendar instead for the next line down!
            Last edited by Elizabeth Herts; 05-10-12, 09:05.
            Elizabeth
            Research Interests:

Comment

By hovering and clicking on the image of the book I have now got in! However, the page is torn and very little remains. You can see Sophia Brewerton here lived at Marlborough Street, but her age, infuriatingly, is missing.

Elizabeth
              Research Interests:

Comment

I wonder if there are any Bishop's Transcripts for this register?
                Elizabeth
                Research Interests:

Comment

I wonder if Sophia born in 1813 is the mother of the Sophia who died in Reading in 1844?

I'm not finding the birth of Sophia Brewerton in freebmd in 1843-1844

Still leaves the questions
                  when did Sophia 1786 (the widow) die?
                  and Sophia (1813)?

Does ancestry or the NBI have the burial in Southwark?
                  Last edited by PhotoFamily; 05-10-12, 15:20.

Comment

One of our members - Jeanie with one n - is doing a Brewerton one name study. Might be worth contacting her.

post #16
                    Elaine

Comment

Thanks, Elaine. There's another member who is related to Sophia Walton Brewerton. I'll suggest it to her.

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoFamily View Post
                        Does ancestry or the NBI have the burial in Southwark?

The Southwark burial was on Ancestry. See the link above.

NBI3 doesn't have the Southwark burial.
                        Elizabeth
                        Research Interests:

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Herts View Post
                          The Southwark burial was on Ancestry. See the link above.

NBI3 doesn't have the Southwark burial.
                          Woops, sorry Elizabeth. My ancestry sub is expired. Thanks for the lookup

Comment

Working...
                          X