Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant find info on relative

Hi
    I am looking for any information on a William Ellis b 1553 Frant Kent d Abt 1600, can anyone help me please
    many thanks
    shirley

Shirley

There may be nothing to find. How have you managed to get back to him?

OC

Comment

ive been using ancestry....
      shirlx

Comment

The sort of research you need to do now cannot be easily done on the internet. You will have to visit the Archives and look for other material that may mention him and also look at the original church records if they still exist.

Before you do that though, I would check and prove all the information you have gleaned from Ancestry, as there is very little point researching this man born in 1553 if you have the wrong great great grandfather born in 1850! With such a common surname it would be very easy to go wrong.

OC

Comment

I think what OC means, is: if you've been copying someone else's family tree, they may or may not have had their research posted (usually not).

Often family trees (especially ones that reach far back) are the best guesses of the owners, or copies of someone else's best guesses (or hopes and aspirations?). They need careful research to substantiate. And that proof can be hard to find, or non-existent.

Comment

thanks i will double check all my info x

Comment

Shirley

Ask questions on here if you need help with proving it.

OC

Comment

OC thanks alot i will, you are all so kind, im silly and trying to do all four family trees lol mad and have a query for one of the other ones that im doing, so i will post that one soon
                regards
                Shirl x

Comment

Working...
                X