Emails on Yahoo deletions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emails on Yahoo deletions

I have saved certain emails to certain folders on yahoo ,now I want to delete the rest from the same people , if I put their email address in the search and all the emails from them come up and I delete them does that also delete the ones in my folders, I also wondered if there was a way to delete the whole lot from one person quicker?
    Thanks

I would suggest that you read their Help pages. The link is at the top of the page.

http://help.yahoo.com/l/uk/bt/mail/ymail/ - there is a section there dealing with managing messages and folders.
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Sorry I can't help here but I'm more of a Hotmail girl myself..
      Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Comment

tried that Caroline already but its not very clear thanks

Comment

Hi Val

I've got BT Yahoo. I've never used the search feature but I just tried it and searched for emails from someone that I know I've put in a separate folder. All his emails came up so if I deleted them, they would be deleted out of the folder as well.

What you could do, instead of using search, is click on the FROM at the top of the list of emails (where it says FROM SUBJECT DATE). That sorts them into alphabetical order by sender. You can then find all the emails from a person grouped together. You would have to do it for each type (Inbox, Sent etc). Any emails you've moved to a folder won't be sorted unless you go into that folder and do the same thing there.

Once you've done whatever you want to, change them back into date received order by clicking in the DATE header.

Hope that makes sense - there may be an easier way but I don't know what it is
          Jackie

Comment

oh thanks Jackie its a pig to sort out I have so many too . shall try that thanks

Comment

To be sure I keep emails that I want, I copy and paste the message into a Word document and save it elsewhere! I have folders for each person's name so it makes them easier (for me anyway!) to find.

Anne

Comment

Val .... does that mean you only deal with your emails online????

I read my emails on BT Yahoo when I'm on the laptop, delete the rubbish as it arrives and then when I'm on the PC, download the ones I want to keep to Incredimail (any email client will do). Then I can put them in folders, delete or generally deal with them easily e.g. delete an entire folder in one go. When I get a new PC I just copy the whole lot over, so I have all my emails right back to 2002.
                Caroline
                Caroline's Family History Pages
                Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

I must admit I have been very lax in saving my yahoo ones elsewhere ,I do save them when I do a back up, but I dont often bother to delete ones I should such as Ancestries thanking me for my amendments etc , I wont tell you how many emails I have on there but its much too many ,The thing with yahoo is there does not seem to be a way of moving your email folders anywhere.
                  I do use incredimail too ,so thanks for that idea could send them there.

Comment

Working...
                  X