Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1891 census look up please

Hi everyone.

Could someone help me please and look up my great great grandfather on the 1891 census please (the only census return i don't have).

Can't find him on GR or Ancestry for 1891 but i THINK tonight i've found him on FMP.

Edward Wildy (if it is him it should be Wilding) aged 25 (c1866) he is listed with his son Edward D Wildy aged 2 (c1889) in registration district of Bromley Kent where Edward D was born.
    His wife Eliza should be there too.

Thanks

Craig

Craig

I think this is him on Ancestry - also transcribed as Wildy and the wife as Elena

Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!
    Jackie

Comment

Thanks Jackie that's great.
      Craig

Comment

Sorry should have asked Craig, do you have access to Ancestry?
        Jackie

Comment

No i don't but thanks for all your help with the census return.
          Craig

Comment

having checked the image it does say wilding, though the image is very scruffy/untidy..
            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
              having checked the image it does say wilding, though the image is very scruffy/untidy..
              Yes, i thought that too .
              Craig

Comment

Now just got to figure out why my great great grandfather Edward and his wife Eliza decided they'd all be Wilding on the census but their kids (at least 5 of their 9 kids) when registered their births they were Wilding-Saunders. I have no idea where this Saunders surname came from. By 1920 one of those kids, my great grandmother Edith (born 1898), had dropped the Wilding part when she married my great grandfather.
                Last edited by cpdavis35; 27-09-12, 15:13.
                Craig

Comment

Originally posted by cpdavis35 View Post
                  Now just got to figure out why my great great grandfather Edward and his wife Eliza decided they'd all be Wilding on the census but their kids (at least 5 of their 9 kids) when registered their births they were Wilding-Saunders. I have no idea where this Saunders surname came from. By 1920 one of those kids, my great grandmother Edith (born 1898), had dropped the Wilding part when she married my great grandfather.

what was Elizas MN Craig? maybe they registered them as Wilding Saunders cos they were not married then?
                  Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                    what was Elizas MN Craig? maybe they registered them as Wilding Saunders cos they were not married then?
                    Just looked through my notes. Edward D(aniel) Wilding actually married as Edward D(aniel) Saunders to Eliza Ann Robbins in 1887 Portsea Island, Hampshire. Their first child was born 1888 then 1891 and so on. I have them all on the census's 1891, 1901 and 1911. Have Edward on the earlier census too and listed as Wilding.
                    Last edited by cpdavis35; 27-09-12, 15:34.
                    Craig

Comment

Just looked through my notes. Edward D(aniel) Wilding actually married as Edward D(aniel) Saunders to Eliza Ann Robbins in 1887 Portsea Island, Hampshire. Their first child was born 1888 then 1891 and so on. I have them all on the census's 1891, 1901 and 1911. Have Edward on the earlier census too and listed as Wilding.
                      right so what was he born as? was Wilding a family name from his parents? am just wondering if it was a name that was passed down but then they used either name as a surname,.. [I know, I'm rambling!!]
                      Julie

Comment

Please ramble as i am stumped and anything said might help.

I don't have his GRO ref number. No Edward Daniel Wilding or Whilding or Saunders born at the time he should be (according to all the census's he should be born 1865 or 1866).

Only one i THINK it could be is Edward Daniel Sanders born Sept Qtr 1865 2b 442 Portsea, Hants.

Parents are William A (Wilding or Saunders) and Elizabeth Luff. I know this cos Edward is listed on 1871 and 1881 census as grandson with his parents and siblings to the head of the household which is Elizabeth's father.
                        Last edited by cpdavis35; 27-09-12, 16:23.
                        Craig

Comment

https://www.familysearch.org/search/...ame%3Asaunders~

Here is his baptism

Edna

Comment

Elizabeth Luff married William Alfred Whilding in 1869 - after Edward was born
                            Jackie

Comment

Originally posted by clematised View Post
                              So that's where the Saunders comes from... Thanks Edna.
                              Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Night Owl View Post
                                Elizabeth Luff married William Alfred Whilding in 1869 - after Edward was born
                                Ahhh thanks Jackie... well spotted.
                                Craig

Comment

So that's where Edward D .... got the double barrelled name from...
                                  Craig

Comment

see, and all this time you have been missing out by not coming onsite...lol!!
                                    Julie

Comment

Not that i didn't want to... my laptop decided it didn't want to load lol....
                                      Craig

Comment

I wonder if Edward knew that he wasn't William Wildings son. I guess he must have to have 5 of his 9 kids double-barrelled. However, strange the first 4 were just Saunders not the double-barrelled name. I guess that Wilding only appeared on the Census to cover up that he was really a Saunders...
                                        Craig

Comment

Working...
                                        X