X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody please read this for me

I am finding it hard to make out what injuries he had thanks

Sad reading - what I have read so far.

"There is a depressed scar on the R. scapula associated with two further wounds above and below his ? of R. Clavicle in ? there is wasting and complete paralysis of R. T? and Deltoid?? ? resulting in an ? on ?
    This man, after 9 months' treatment, remains quite helpless as his R. arm the wounds in ? chest walls cause his disability
    Last edited by Elizabeth Herts; 21-09-12, 18:33.
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Hi Val

This is all I could make out

"There is a depressed scar on the R. scapula associated with two further wounds above ??? the other end of R. clavicle in front. There is wasting ?? complete paralysis of R trapezius and deltoid muscles, resulting in ??? arm on this side. This man, after 9 months treatment, remains quite helpless as regards the R. arm. The wounds in wrist (or waist?) and chest walls cause his disability"

Further down in the bit about operations it says "For extraction of bullet on the hospital ship"
      Jackie

Comment

thanks both how odd I dont understand that as he went on to serve for quite a number of years after???

Comment

Are you sure its the right man Val? As far as I can tell this man was discharged in June 1916 - the recommendation was that he was permanently unfit for any military service
          Jackie

Comment

we thought he had been blown up but not killed, yet that says shot? I am going to have another look at him thanks Jackie.

Comment

Originally posted by Night Owl View Post
              Hi Val

This is all I could make out

"There is a depressed scar on the R. scapula associated with two further wounds above ??? the other end of R. clavicle in front. There is wasting ?? complete paralysis of R trapezius and deltoid muscles, resulting in ??? arm on this side. This man, after 9 months treatment, remains quite helpless as regards the R. arm. The wounds in wrist (or waist?) and chest walls cause his disability"

Further down in the bit about operations it says "For extraction of bullet on the hospital ship"
              Could this say 'an insupportable arm'??
              Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

thanks Vivienne , but it looks like I have two mens army records here ?

Comment

Working...
                X