Explorer not working on Amazon site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explorer not working on Amazon site

Why has this suddenly started happening when I go onto Amazon the page looks as though a film is covering it then a box comes up say Explorer isn't working only happening with this site with this site
    thank you for any help it is very annoying.

Granabella

cant sya I have ever heard of that ? have you tried a different browser like google ??

Comment

I don't think that this is necessarily linked to Amazon ( as site I have never viewed). I get this type of film on any site even emails and a message saying IE has stopped working. There must be another cause, maybe it is something local to our areas.
      Margaret N
      DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Thank you Val and Margaret I did wonder if it had something to do with local areas typical today its OK but it often happens I don't know enough about computers to change things.

Granabelle

Comment

You dont have to change anything, just install another browser like google or firefox it will be on your pc alongside IE ,and you get the option to use which ever one you want to use each time.
          Its really easy to install

Google download
          Faster page loading, less memory usage and packed with features, the new Firefox is here.

Firefox

Comment

Thanks for that info Val will have a look over the weekend.

Granabella

Comment

funny enough I am finding when I try to order something from Amazon with IE it tells me my basket is empty? but on google it is fine.

Comment

That is strange these things sent to test us lol.

Granabella

Comment

Val have you got the Google Chrome Ive just had a quick look the terms and conditions make me a bit nervy so much to read if I download this one how do I get my old one back if wanted its years since I did any

changing and if you aren't doing things often you just forget ( I do )

Granabella

Comment

It does not uninstall IE just gives you an alternative browser.
                    As I said it will be installed as well as IE you can either save the Icon to your Taskbar or desktop ?? where ever
                    you want ,and you can still use IE if you like ?? I often have FMP open in google and Ancestry open in IE, you will soon get used to it honest.

and yes I have Googlechrome and Firefox installed alongside IE
                    Last edited by Guest; 22-09-12, 12:46.

Comment

OK thanks Val i'm going to download it now thanks again.

Granabella

Comment

Capture.JPGthis is how my taskbar looks to give you some idea the round green yellow and red circle is google the orange with the blue flash is firefox the blue e is IE

Comment

Val,
                          That sounds like real Hi-Tec I have never been sucessful at opening all those windows on this PC it is just not happy. I can do a little better on the Laptop but the rest is down to the operator.

Google Chrome, I did not like anything about it and certainly not the terms and conditions. I uninstalled it and went back to the Classic version.
                          Margaret N
                          DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

hi Margaret its not hi tech if I can do it anybody can, you just use which ever browser suits you for that purpose.
                            Quite a few people use it and its much faster than IE.
                            Maybe Firefox would suit you better?

Comment

I had the same problem on my PC with IE so downloaded firefox and have used it for about two years, I use IE on my laptop

Edna

Comment

I have been using Google Chrome for a while and much prefer it now to IE
                                Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

how did you get on Granabella

Comment

Hello Val I downloaded Chrome Google will let you know if I have any problems with it I hate ticking the I agree terms bit so much reading muddles your brain lol but true I had some trouble with A.O.L a few years ago was with them a few years no problems until I gave notice I somehow owed them not sure now if it was one or three months money (but I didn't owe them anything) took ages to sought out do you have to have an account with Google Chrome giving your email address and birthday thank you for your help will let you know how I get on.

Granabella

Comment

Working...
                                    X