Los...t Margaret Frances Dickenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Los...t Margaret Frances Dickenson

I posted this a couple of years ago on another site and despite looking since still can't get any information.

I wondered if anyone REALLY clever on here could find anythng??

.................................................. .................................................. ........................

I am trying to help my best friend to find her Grandmothers birth

She was married in 1910 in Lambeth, Surrey to George Ellis, her father was Andrew Dickenson. Her age was 20. Which makes her date of birth 1890, Father is deceased and was a journeyman bricklayer.

I have found her on 1911 census with George aged 21, date of birth 1890 born Holloway, London same address as on marriage certificate.

We have found her grave in Norwood Cemetery. Margaret Frances Ellis died 1963 aged 76, which makes her date of birth 1887.

Can't find her birth or find her on 1891 or 1901 census or her father Andrew. Have checked for Andrew's death but nothing comes of that either.

Any help VERY welcome.

Thanks

Linda

1. info removed - wrong Margaret :(

2. She could be the 10year old Margaret Dickinson in Lambeth infirmary in 1901, RG13/411 folio 108 page 19, though that is no help in tracking down her birth.
    Last edited by JudithM; 20-09-12, 10:56.
    Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Hi Judith,

This is Margaret and George on 1911

The person who registered her death was my friends cousin...and he has been as much use as a chocolate teapot lol
      Last edited by Loopy Linda in La La Land; 20-09-12, 10:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Loopy Linda in La La Land View Post
        Hi Judith,

This is Margaret and George on 1911

The person who registered her death was my friends cousin...and he has been as much use as a chocolate teapot lol
        Right, I found the wrong Margaret Ellis in 1911 so will remove the misleading info from first post.
        Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Clutching at straws, but there's a Margaret Frances DIXON b. Q1, 1889, West Ham registration district, 4a, 233.

STG
          Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

on the marriage cert does it actually state her name as Margaret Frances? [maybe this was a middle name she invented for herself?] and who were the witness' please on the cert..
            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Yes it does say Frances on her marriage certificate.

Witnesses are H.L Carter and H. Emery. my friend doesn't recognize either surname

Linda

Comment

There's a death registered in N E Surrey, 2a, 85 in Q3 of 1934 of a 65yo Andrew Dickinson. That's about the nearest I can get to age/location.

STG

Comment

Can you give us the address in Holloway, so that we can try to find Andrew in 1911 and earlier, please?

STG

Comment

Sorry for the delay. I am trying to ring my friend for the address on the marriage certificate and there's no answer at the moment

Linda

Comment

What is the occupation for Andrew Dickenson?

Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
                        What is the occupation for Andrew Dickenson?

Margaret
                        brick layer

Comment

do you know if Margaret left a Will? or did her husband?

might it be that the witness' were family members that had married?
                          Julie

Comment

Apologies Julie,

I haven't managed to contact my friend yet as my 90 year old Uncle had a bad fall late last night and I have been at Kings College all day with him and he has now been admitted.

Will get back to this asap

Thanks

Linda

Comment

Originally posted by Loopy Linda in La La Land View Post
                              Apologies Julie,

I haven't managed to contact my friend yet as my 90 year old Uncle had a bad fall late last night and I have been at Kings College all day with him and he has now been admitted.

Will get back to this asap

Thanks

Linda
                              don't worry Linda, not like they are going anywhere! :smilee: take care of you and yours x
                              Julie

Comment

How about this in 1891:

Name Relation Condition Sex Age Birth Year Occupation Disability Where born
                                EATON, Amelia Head Widow F 70 1821 Living On Own Means St George in the East, London
                                DICKINSON, George Grandson Married M 23 1868 Foreman On The Water Waltham Abbey
                                DICKINSON, Margaret Granddaughter Married F 23 1868 Stepney, London
                                DICKINSON, Margaret Granddaughter F 0 (5M) 1891 Stepney, London
                                Piece:304
                                Folio:160
                                Page: 24
                                Registration District: Mile End Old Town
                                Civil Parish: Mile End Old Town
                                Municipal Borough:
                                Address: 63, Gold Street, Mile End Old Town
                                County: London
                                People: Canton, Wiseman, Colthup, Scrace
                                Places: Pembrokeshire, Kent.

Comment

Originally posted by webwiz View Post
                                  How about this in 1891:

Name Relation Condition Sex Age Birth Year Occupation Disability Where born
                                  EATON, Amelia Head Widow F 70 1821 Living On Own Means St George in the East, London
                                  DICKINSON, George Grandson Married M 23 1868 Foreman On The Water Waltham Abbey
                                  DICKINSON, Margaret Granddaughter Married F 23 1868 Stepney, London
                                  DICKINSON, Margaret Granddaughter F 0 (5M) 1891 Stepney, London
                                  Piece:304
                                  Folio:160
                                  Page: 24
                                  Registration District: Mile End Old Town
                                  Civil Parish: Mile End Old Town
                                  Municipal Borough:
                                  Address: 63, Gold Street, Mile End Old Town
                                  County: London
                                  That looks a good possibility but I wonder if the relationships are right as it seems odd to have 3 grand children ranging in age from 23 to 5 months. I suspect it is a couple and their child who would be great grand daughter to the head of the household. In which case the father is wrong as we are looking for an Andrew.
                                  Margaret

Comment

Thanks to you both for looking for me.

Uncle is still in hospital...a catalogue of disasters. Won't be coming home for at least a week now and we are off to Cyprus tomorrow for two weeks.

Son and daughter have taken over as OH has had some health worries this year and they all insist we go, even Uncle. Feel better about going now as we have every eventuality covered and he will have lots of visitors. He actually likes it in there, esp. the food and the company.

Will be kept updated every day by the family.

Hope you all have a good couple of weeks

Linda

Comment

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
                                      That looks a good possibility but I wonder if the relationships are right as it seems odd to have 3 grand children ranging in age from 23 to 5 months. I suspect it is a couple and their child who would be great grand daughter to the head of the household. In which case the father is wrong as we are looking for an Andrew.
                                      Margaret
                                      I agree that the baby is probably one generation later, arguably the enumerator wrote "great-grandaughter", but maybe she is the illegitimate daughter of the older Margaret, and Andrew is a fiction invented for her marriage, which is why he can't be found. George could then be Margaret's sister.
                                      Last edited by webwiz; 02-10-12, 19:43.
                                      People: Canton, Wiseman, Colthup, Scrace
                                      Places: Pembrokeshire, Kent.

Comment

On the other hand, wouldn't Margaret snr also be called grandaughter if she was the wife of George. There is a marriage in Mile end in June 1890 of a George Henry Dickinson and on the same page is a Margaret Elizabeth Howard. There is then a birth Dec 1890 in Mile End of a Margaret Emma A Dickenson. I haven't checked backwards on the census for them though.

p.s. If I'm not too late Linda - have a great holiday
                                        Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 02-10-12, 23:29.
                                        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Working...
                                        X